"We just need to keep a clean sheet.... I'd be happy with that"

.. I have a vague recollection of other short-term loan deals from PL clubs to Championship making it a requirement that the players play every game. I wouldn't be totally surprised if that was the case with Barkley because it's only really worth him coming to us for a short period if he's going to get a game (from Everton's perspective).

Bothroyd's loan is different, being longer and being that he's a senior player. If it's a stipulation with him, then, yeah - DJ really needs him to get going.

Fans have been screaming at Dave Jones to shore up the defence and try and keep a clean sheet

We did that today - the only goal coming from a bizarre situation (JJ giving it away, Semedo jumping over it)

Other than that Dave Jones delivered what the fans were looking for - a much better defensive display

Today was the first sign that Dave Jones IS sorting it

Don't kick off after getting what you wanted ffs

Chill out - let things happen - the defence comes first - then midfield - then up front

It'll be reyt

UP THE OWLS

Without being Brazil i always felt that Wolves were playing within themselves and if the free kick hadnt gone in they would have upped their game and won it anyway.

Put whatever spin you want on it.We were still poo poo.

Fans have been screaming at Dave Jones to shore up the defence and try and keep a clean sheet

We did that today - the only goal coming from a bizarre situation (JJ giving it away, Semedo jumping over it)

Other than that Dave Jones delivered what the fans were looking for - a much better defensive display

Today was the first sign that Dave Jones IS sorting it

Don't kick off after getting what you wanted ffs

Chill out - let things happen - the defence comes first - then midfield - then up front

It'll be reyt

UP THE OWLS

What a clown you are, you surely cannot be serious

No goals conceded in free play is encouraging.

That means we actually dew with Huddersfield and I think we could extend this claim to Bolton scoring from a corner if we really try.

It also explains why Semedo and one of his teammates left a hole in the wall that a bus could get through.

Guest foreverSWFC

No goals conceded in free play is encouraging.

That means we actually dew with Huddersfield and I think we could extend this claim to Bolton scoring from a corner if we really try.

It also explains why Semedo and one of his teammates left a hole in the wall that a bus could get through.

Remember if Mark Davies scores against you it doesn't count either, so we've drawn the last three games and only conceded 1 goal.

We're playing really well at the moment.

Guest wadsleybridgeowl

Perhaps the positive should be we only let one in.

We need to stop the silly fouls around the box aswell.

oh and take our chances when we get em.

in jones we trust. uto

Glad to see the defence a little more solid. Mattock at left back and JJ at right back actually enabled us to maintain a decent back four shape. We need to get back to basics in the centre of defence, Gardner trying to dribble out of his own area is a definite no no. But we must work out how to cover the wings. We vary rarely have anyone getting back to help the fullbacks in wide positions, we very rarely have anyone breaking into the box from midfield.

Most of our midfield opportunities were long range shots as opposed to someone attacking a cross breaking the defence line with a run. If Bothroyd is to play. which I think he should, he has to have people around him getting close.