"We just need to keep a clean sheet.... I'd be happy with that"

We did in free play

Then you need to re-evaluate reality

There's going to be ups and downs mate - you can't 'feel quite desperate' after a few losses in a higher division

We're not Real Madrid

Love this deluded stuff. Starting to feel like Hudersfield now. We kept a clean sheet apart from when they scored. What next, we are top apart from the teams above us.

Just for the record 6 points off the play offs or outside the relegation zone on goal difference? Both true of us but the latter is more worrying.

Guest foreverSWFC

If you think about it lads, we kept a clean sheet against Huddersfield because we all know penalties don't count, also headers don't count, forgot about them.

Also if Mark Davies of Bolton scores against you in a game it doesn't count, therefore technically we've not conceded for three games!

We wern't any better in open play atall.

Wolves could've and should've had three. Poor finishing should've cost them today but we were no better at the other end.

The same players were being torn a new one and every proper attack Wolves through at us nearly resulted in a goal.

The only way we were more defensive than usual was the fact everytime we attacked it was at walking pace, with about 2 players against their 6 defenders.

And the free kick was a massive wee wee tail up on our part. You could see all the way from Sheffield that the two men in the wall would split for Sako to shoot. Just a shame 'our boys' have the inability to read football matches.

wolves were probably the worst team (apart from us) that I have seen this season.

They had no ambition and no cutting edge.

The fact that they only scored 1 (look it up, they did score) was as much down to their inadequacies as our efforts to stop them

We were completely toothless in midfield and ineffective up front.

JJ did well at RB to say he is a striker. Mattock was better. Gardner was nearly as good as Liera and I honestly would rather have Rob Jones in as a leader and player than Taylor.

I came away wondering where we are going next

FFS it's not even October yet and people are throwing hissy fits like big girl's blouses! Stop panicking and get behind the team and manager. If I was a pig fan I would be weeing myself at some of the flounces I'm witnessing on this site and on P&G - I'm ashamed at some of the poo poo that's being spouted. Get a grip and man up FFS. True Wednesday fans get behind the team through thick and thin - and we've had far worse to put up with over recent years. UTO FTB!

FFS it's not even October yet and people are throwing hissy fits like big girl's blouses! Stop panicking and get behind the team and manager. If I was a pig fan I would be weeing myself at some of the flounces I'm witnessing on this site and on P&G - I'm ashamed at some of the poo poo that's being spouted. Get a grip and man up FFS. True Wednesday fans get behind the team through thick and thin - and we've had far worse to put up with over recent years. UTO FTB!

I get behind the team

I travel to Wolves and spend a hour after the match in sodding traffic jams

I spend hundreds and hundreds of pounds following them every year

I sing and get behind the team

I never ever boo any of our players (except Andy Sinton, once)

I can also see that we are going backwards and need to revisit some of the more recent signings and do it quickly

I dont want to see the manager sacked.

I am a bit fed up

I think Jones had a got a right to be pleased with aspects of the game. We looked impressive for the first 20 mins, not giving them time on the ball and pressing high up the pitch. It's pretty much impossible to do that for 90mins, but at least it's something to build their confidence. Wolves were largely restricted to efforts from range - there was little goal-mouth action at either end (terrible game for the neutral). The main difference between the sides for me was the form of the forward players. Sako and Peszko looked a constant threat and played with confidence. It was interesting to play O'Grady further back but he didn't look that confident picking a pass in the final third. Antonio tried very hard (as ever) and looked to tire towards the end of the game (as ever) because he gets back to defend all the time. Their defenders didn't seem much bothered about the threat of any other of our forward players (Bothroyd, Pecnik, Barkley).

The fact that Bothroyd/Barkley aren't playing very well puts Jones in the kind of dilemma many managers face - players which have more ability than others aren't performing - so do you keep them in the team and hope they come good, or start players you don't rate as highly? We also don't know if there are any stipulations with the loan deals. Usually, if a manager sticks with underperforming players, and they don't come good, it doesn't reflect well on the manager. So DJ really needs those two to start playing.

Pecnik reminds me of skilful yet ineffective midfielders of yore (petter rudi?). He looked more comfortable playing centrally today than wide against Bolton I thought. Whenever he goes for a challenge it looks like he's a yellow (or two) waiting to happen for me. But he could be a very useful player if he can adapt to the pace of the game and get some form/confidence. I think you need the right sort of players around him (ie, ones to win back the ball).

Semedo had some nice moments today I thought, but still isn't able to impose himself as he was in league 1. It will be interesting to see how Lines fares when he's back. I've said before - I hope he makes the step up because he seems like a good lad. However, if he's not effective, DJ has got to be looking for a centre mid in Jan. A good signing there could make all the difference.

I was annoyed (again) on a couple of occasions where Bothroyd seemed to moan at Antonio for not being on the end of a poor pass/knock-down. It's one thing to be off-form but it's another thing to be whining at other players. If we need anyone to have confidence and to be playing with positivity at the moment, it's Antonio. Bit worried that Bothroyd isn't the kind of character you want around when the chips are down. Having moody types around the place is never going to help when you're struggling.

Edited by yowl84

Antonio tried very hard (as ever) and looked to tire towards the end of the game (as ever) because he gets back to defend all the time.

Not a bad analysis overall, but I'm incredulous at the bit you've quoted. Repeatedly he left yawning areas on that wing for Wolves to come forward through. Has he got an undisclosed injury? He looked a little laboured to me.

I think Jones had a got a right to be pleased with aspects of the game. We looked impressive for the first 20 mins, not giving them time on the ball and pressing high up the pitch. It's pretty much impossible to do that for 90mins, but at least it's something to build their confidence. Wolves were largely restricted to efforts from range - there was little goal-mouth action at either end (terrible game for the neutral). The main difference between the sides for me was the form of the forward players. Sako and Peszko looked a constant threat and played with confidence. It was interesting to play O'Grady further back but he didn't look that confident picking a pass in the final third. Antonio tried very hard (as ever) and looked to tire towards the end of the game (as ever) because he gets back to defend all the time. Their defenders didn't seem much bothered about the threat of any other of our forward players (Bothroyd, Pecnik, Barkley).

The fact that Bothroyd/Barkley aren't playing very well puts Jones in the kind of dilemma many managers face - players which have more ability than others aren't performing - so do you keep them in the team and hope they come good, or start players you don't rate as highly? We also don't know if there are any stipulations with the loan deals. Usually, if a manager sticks with underperforming players, and they don't come good, it doesn't reflect well on the manager. So DJ really needs those two to start playing.

Pecnik reminds me of skilful yet ineffective midfielders of yore (petter rudi?). He looked more comfortable playing centrally today than wide against Bolton I thought. Whenever he goes for a challenge it looks like he's a yellow (or two) waiting to happen for me. But he could be a very useful player if he can adapt to the pace of the game and get some form/confidence. I think you need the right sort of players around him (ie, ones to win back the ball).

Semedo had some nice moments today I thought, but still isn't able to impose himself as he was in league 1. It will be interesting to see how Lines fares when he's back. I've said before - I hope he makes the step up because he seems like a good lad. However, if he's not effective, DJ has got to be looking for a centre mid in Jan. A good signing there could make all the difference.

I was annoyed (again) on a couple of occasions where Bothroyd seemed to moan at Antonio for not being on the end of a poor pass/knock-down. It's one thing to be off-form but it's another thing to be whining at other players. If we need anyone to have confidence and to be playing with positivity at the moment, it's Antonio. Bit worried that Bothroyd isn't the kind of character you want around when the chips are down. Having moody types around the place is never going to help when you're struggling.

has the thought crossed your mind that maybe the terms of their respective loan agreements stipulate minimum game time? If true, he's even more in the poo poo.

Not a bad analysis overall, but I'm incredulous at the bit you've quoted. Repeatedly he left yawning areas on that wing for Wolves to come forward through. Has he got an undisclosed injury? He looked a little laboured to me.

Fair point.. I suppose it was more that you saw him trying to be in position than actually being in position.

They did deliberately focus their attacks on that side though, presumably hoping to expose JJ being out of position. I was actually pretty excited after the first few mins when a couple tried to run past him and he rinsed them for pace. The rest, though, is history.