Players to blame a little... Jones to blame A LOT!

I've noticed that ever since this season started, we've not pressed as a team (Brum game maybe one exception).

DJ seems to prefer players just behind the ball when defending, trying to keep shape but not really putting in many tackles. As a result when we are losing we lose that urgency to get back into the game, as when they have the ball we just let them have it. When you're winning it's ok as you can wait for their move to break down and then counter attack on them.

We've not been getting into any winning situations recently though so it's been disastrous.

Two banks of four holding shape reminds me worryingly of Alan Irvins coaching manuals.

Constant chasing, pressing and closingn down the opposition is how Megson won matches.

I'm happy with the result today given the recent run of us shipping goals for fun

I didn't expect us to only lose 0-1

And I didnt' expect the only goal from them to come from a free kick

Yeah, fantastic result.

Just got battered for the 6th game in a row. We're 1 above relegation and a minus 6 goal difference.

Our manager looks like he doesn't know what to do and we can't buy a result.

I know you're fishing Neil and on one of those boring spamming every thread with your utter tripe moments, but another couple of weeks and it could be quite serious.

I think we are now in that position where DJ's position will become untenable. Too many players brought in is bad enough, but when several of those players appear no better than what we already have then that's poor. Also, despite bringing in all those players we are still having to play players out of position, and play players who are clearly not fit.

When you think about it there's no such thing as a failure in football management. If MM was to pull the plug what sort of pay out would DJ get? I'm sure it would be a very handsome sum. Incidentally, aren't we currently paying the wages of 2 managers?

No individual did bad today, the team was just so defeatest it was untrue.

The attitude was the most alarming thing. It was a fairly even game until they scored. After that we had no belief, pride or determination. Wolves didn't even really try to score a second goal because it was so apparent they didn't need it.

As for no individuals having a bad game, I can't agree. When Wolves had the ball, Antonio was leaving huge spaces for them to stroll into on his side, Pecnik drifted around like he was daydreaming and Barkley apparently doesn't believe defending is part of his remit. But given how comfortably we were beaten it is interesting that we had a number of decent performers, especially in defence.

Guest totemowl

This is worrying.

From a good and reliable poster too.

Sounds like Irvine against Huddersfield the other season.

Odd that this is posted now though, after Jones had said in the week that he rarely does histrionics and often looks calm, dispassionate and passive whether we are winning or losing.

I'm not doubting Baracus. But the answer was given at his press conference last week.

Yeah, fantastic result.

Just got battered for the 6th game in a row. We're 1 above relegation and a minus 6 goal difference.

Our manager looks like he doesn't know what to do and we can't buy a result.

I know you're fishing Neil and on one of those boring spamming every thread with your utter tripe moments, but another couple of weeks and it could be quite serious.

Well said.