Clueless

Guest foreverSWFC

First time I've seen you in the league and I wasn't impressed. In-fact, I think it was quite frankly, awful. Bordering on atrocious.

Defensively you weren't too bad today, looked generally solid, and the back four actually appeared to deal with what Wolves threw at them. Mattock did okay, as did the centre halves. The problem was, Wolves were allowed to play at walking pace because we've put no pressure on the ball, we've effectively allowed Wolves to do whatever they want. As for the goal, completely and utterly shambolic. The free kick was quite rightly retaken, but the wall. What the hell is going on? The two Wolves play run out the wall and the gap is absolutely MASSIVE. Just cannot allow that in any division.

Second half you expect Wednesday to open up and look inventive. They didn't. For large parts looked happy to sit back and allow Wolves to have possession which is all well and good if you're winning and in no hurry to take the game to them. Wednesday were losing. There were parts where we've broken away, Antoinio especially, yet the final ball, or the option we've chosen has been poor and the move has come to nothing. Even in stoppage time, bar the last minute or so, Wolves had possession of the ball and looked extremely comfortably.

This is a Wolves back four which do look quite shaky in a period of transition, however, they probably won't have a more comfortable game all season. No pressure on them whatsoever. They bullied Bothroyd out the game, wasn't tested behind by any pace and Wednesday never created any sustained pressure which you would say could have put them on the back foot.

Massive difference between the sides which doesn't exactly bode well. I guess Wednesday will improve, but they need to do it quickly. If I was Mandaric, I'd be sitting on the edge of my seat at the minute because what was served up today was garbage and resembles a lot of what I've read over this forum in the past couple of weeks.

Another thing - You want your additions to add something to the squad. What has Ross Barkley brought to you? He was awful today and even Rhodri who came off the bench didn't do anything to set the world alight. Bothroyd, given no service at all was anonymous and at a time you're needing a goal why is Gary Madine left on the bench? As for Pecknic, the game just passed him by. You can certainly understand why Wednesday supporters or getting worried.

Edited by Liam_Baggies

The first 10 minutes we pressed from the front, I thought we'd turned a corner.

We were lacking in skill last year but went up by being bigger, stronger, faster than the rest.

This year everyone else is bigger, stronger, faster but also they've got skill. We have gone looking for it in the summer but all DJ has done is rip the spine out of the team, I don't blame him for wanting some quality on the ball but he hasn't brought it. I expect Milan will be in deep thought about what to do, as this is something that isn't just around the corner. We are technically outclassed and seem to have no alternative tactics to going a goal down etc.

If Bothroyd needs match time, leave him on for the 90 minutes. If we are a goal down chasing the game don't take a forward off, bring another one.

The fact that Semedo stayed on through the entire match (he played OK by the way) shows that we don't have a tactical change up our sleeve.

Positive, I thought Mayor was excellent with the ball when he came on, good dribbling and forward play. Antonio for me is a liability in a team that is struggling. If he isn't crossing the ball into the box he isn't actually doing much. I think he may turn out to be our biggest mistake, which is sad as I enjoyed watching him play last year.

Guest foreverSWFC

First time I've seen you in the league and I wasn't impressed. In-fact, I think it was quite frankly, awful. Bordering on atrocious.

Defensively you weren't too bad today, looked generally solid, and the back four actually appeared to deal with what Wolves threw at them. Mattock did okay, as did the centre halves. The problem was, Wolves were allowed to play at walking pace because we've put no pressure on the ball, we've effectively allowed Wolves to do whatever they want. As for the goal, completely and utterly shambolic. The free kick was quite rightly retaken, but the wall. What the hell is going on? The two Wolves play run out the wall and the gap is absolutely MASSIVE. Just cannot allow that in any division.

Second half you expect Wednesday to open up and look inventive. They didn't. For large parts looked happy to sit back and allow Wolves to have possession which is all well and good if you're winning and in no hurry to take the game to them. Wednesday were losing. There were parts where we've broken away, Antoinio especially, yet the final ball, or the option we've chosen has been poor and the move has come to nothing. Even in stoppage time, bar the last minute or so, Wolves had possession of the ball and looked extremely comfortably.

This is a Wolves back four which do look quite shaky in a period of transition, however, they probably won't have a more comfortable game all season. No pressure on them whatsoever. They bullied Bothroyd out the game, wasn't tested behind by any pace and Wednesday never created any sustained pressure which you would say could have put them on the back foot.

Massive difference between the sides which doesn't exactly bode well. I guess Wednesday will improve, but they need to do it quickly. If I was Mandaric, I'd be sitting on the edge of my seat at the minute because what was served up today was garbage and resembles a lot of what I've read over this forum in the past couple of weeks.

Another thing - You want your additions to add something to the squad. What has Ross Barkley brought to you? He was awful today and even Rhodri who came off the bench didn't do anything to set the world alight. Bothroyd, given no service at all was anonymous and at a time you're needing a goal why is Gary Madine left on the bench? As for Pecknic, the game just passed him by. You can certainly understand why Wednesday supporters or getting worried.

Thanks for that mate, sometimes Wednesday fans will make the performance seems worse than it actually was, but it's nice to know we're not exagerrating and we are indeed absolutely clueless.

Same game I saw mate

What worries me the most is that DJ spouts the same old nonsense blaming stuff like the non penalty at Palace and today's retaken free-kick. The problem is much more fundamental. We appear to lack organisation but this can be drilled back in. What can't easily be regained is the team spirit which was so important last season. For some reason DJ has blown this out of the water. Whether it's Bothroyd or taking the captaincy off Semedo, or dropping key players I don't know but the result is that the fragile unity has gone and we know how long it takes to get it back. I really hope we get it back soon.

What worries me the most is that DJ spouts the same old nonsense blaming stuff like the non penalty at Palace and today's retaken free-kick. The problem is much more fundamental. We appear to lack organisation but this can be drilled back in. What can't easily be regained is the team spirit which was so important last season. For some reason DJ has blown this out of the water. Whether it's Bothroyd or taking the captaincy off Semedo, or dropping key players I don't know but the result is that the fragile unity has gone and we know how long it takes to get it back. I really hope we get it back soon.

Spot on.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Just some points I want to address:

1. Your right but the ball didn't go through the gap it went through the charging players (Semedo) legs.

2. Not sure I agree with this, the service up to Bothroyd today was shibosh (as you align to in the final paragraph). Granted he wasn't effective today but I'm not sure he was bullied out of the game.

3. Don't agree with this- the only difference was that they kept the ball better than us. Other than that it was very much a stalemate.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Well said Baggie, but what the heck were you doing at a Wolves match lol.

Glad to you hear you refer to Wednesday as 'we' though.