Played for Wednesday & Wolves

Aaron played for Villa though I'm not sure he made the first team. Wonder if he's happy for his bro or slightly jealous! Still haven't got the Hirsty reference. Must be dim.

Aaron played for Villa though I'm not sure he made the first team. Wonder if he's happy for his bro or slightly jealous! Still haven't got the Hirsty reference. Must be dim.

Just as an aside - it looks like Ron Springett is the goalkeeper in the picture. Must have been Wednesday V QPR after the swap deal which brought Peter to Hillsborough. if I recall I think we won 3 or 4 nil that day.

I remember this game really well,its Mac scoring the third,Vic Mobley got the winner from a header.We were the first team QPR beat that season,and one of only four games they won ALL season.

I was gutted when McCalliog left,he was my very first owls hero,il never forget his return early in 69 with Wolves,he scored of course and celebrated in front of a modest wolves following at the lep,i just felt so betrayed,he had a brilliant game that day in the sun as wolves beat us 2-3,i felt lower that day more than when arsenal whacked us 0-5 the previous season.Still not forgiven him :wacko: