Old pics of Hillsborough

Post em all here!

I'm currently trying to build up a photo archive of the ground since 1899 and want to make sure I haven't missed any - so can you guys delve into the deep internet for me and post all the best old pictures of our beloved ground you can.

I'll start you off -

The Kop in 1991

800px-The_Spion_Kop_at_Hillsborough_in_1991_-_geograph.org.uk_-_2807211.jpg

good grief that is some sight, also love the pic of the kop in 86, nothing has really changed

our ground literally hasn't changed since the 60s/70s

Eh!

Apart from the kop being transformed, extended, roofed and then seated.

The west stand lower being seated.

NW being seated.

Old Leitch south stand being replaced with a larger construction with 2 tiers and exec. boxes.

Apart from that then you may be correct :picnic:

Apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and health............what have the Romans ever done for us?

Wow! How come the kop looks like a weird shape with a bulge of suppprters on one side?

I think when they were building one of the stands they used the ruble to build up the back of the kop.

IIRC, the board of old all ways used the excuse that because of the hump it would be impossible for it to be covered.

BTW, Nugent. I recal Ninian Park very well. I remember when we played you years ago and it was the final match of the season in the old third division (we lost 1-0 IIRC). Most of your fans were great but a few were throwing darts into our crowd. I also recal our coach stopping over at Newport and the locals wanted to do was kill us.

our promotion season - trying to work out the opposition - looks like steve foster with the headband

It's that bloody awful game against Oxford. I was sat in the North. We were awful. It was all falling to bits. A week or two later we beat Man Ure at Wembley.

v01135.jpg

Interesting how there is only one row of house on vere road and just fields beyond

That picture is wrong, as good as it is. The roof of the West Stand was halfway over the terraces, not that small portion. The Kop is even in the picture, not the odd shape it was and the road doesn't run parallel with the Kop.