Check out this list of players...

Dont know about Mick Lyons i would much prefer a defender to dribble past 4 or 5 in the box, Lyons could only dribble down his chin.

If you are trying to belittle Mick then wow you really have only seen the last few bad years, either that you are not old enough or didnt always follow football, or you lived under the ground with fraggles

Mick Lyons

Andy Booth

Graham Hyde

Guy Branston

Chris O'Grady

Lawrie Madden

Are these the kind of players that your average Sheffield Wednesday fan prefers ?

Players who get stuck in, smash tackles in, run non stop and who give 100% ?

Nigel Pearson,Peter Shirtliff,Mark Smith,Mick Pickering.don't forget them as well.

Guest foreverSWFC

**** me.

So then Neil which player yesterday and on Wednesday night showed class and quality? Go on tell me? You like asking question but never seem to like answering them. Pecnik? No. Bothroyd? No. Rodri? No.

They probably will come good for us, but they're not performing at the moment. We are on a losing streak and confidence is low, what we need now, AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME are players who will give 100%, work hard, get stuck in, never give up until the end, hard work and endeavour is how we are going to get out of this bad run of form. Therefore players like O'Grady, Reda, Antonio and Semedo are vital for the team at THIS MOMENT IN TIME. We need spirit and fight to grind out a result and stop the rot. Players like Bothroyd, Rodri, Pecnik aren't doing that at THIS MOMENT IN TIME.

Dont know about Mick Lyons i would much prefer a defender to dribble past 4 or 5 in the box, Lyons could only dribble down his chin.

If you are trying to belittle Mick then wow you really have only seen the last few bad years, either that you are not old enough or didnt always follow football, or you lived under the ground with fraggles

Mick Lyons was my all time hero as a kid - I worshipped him

Owlstalk Shop

**** me.

So then Neil which player yesterday and on Wednesday night showed class and quality? Go on tell me? You like asking question but never seem to like answering them. Pecnik? No. Bothroyd? No. Rodri? No.

They probably will come good for us, but they're not performing at the moment. We are on a losing streak and confidence is low, what we need now, AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME are players who will give 100%, work hard, get stuck in, never give up until the end, hard work and endeavour is how we are going to get out of this bad run of form. Therefore players like O'Grady, Reda, Antonio and Semedo are vital for the team at THIS MOMENT IN TIME. We need spirit and fight to grind out a result and stop the rot. Players like Bothroyd, Rodri, Pecnik aren't doing that at THIS MOMENT IN TIME.

Absolute testicles.

You won't get results in this league through 'running' and '110%' or whatever else. You need players with quality, simple as. Well, ideally you need a mix, but this isn't League 1 anymore, and we won't win games through just bullying teams and out-running them, at any moment in time.

Guest foreverSWFC

Absolute testicles.

You won't get results in this league through 'running' and '110%' or whatever else. You need players with quality, simple as. Well, ideally you need a mix, but this isn't League 1 anymore, and we won't win games through just bullying teams and out-running them, at any moment in time.

Not what i'm saying. To stop a bad run of form, it usually takes an ugly performance, in all divisions, based on hardwork and togetherness. We need to get a points no matter what against Wolves. Bothroyd and Rodri aren't working hard enough or performing up front.

Therefore, what do we do? We play Chris O'Grady upfront, a player who will be out to prove a point and a player who will work hard. We need to grind out a result and the current strikers aren't performing.

Mick Lyons

Andy Booth

Graham Hyde

Guy Branston

Chris O'Grady

Lawrie Madden

Lee Peacock

Are these the kind of players that your average Sheffield Wednesday fan prefers ?

What's your point? Are you trying to be some smug smart arse who says we should be happy to cheer some fancy flicks now and again?

Absolute testicles.

Yeah all those talented players at Man U, Chelsea, Man City are Lazy and don't try. Before anyone mentions Barca they do nothing as well. Get real, you will only achieve your potential if you give 100%, never stop running, never stop talking and always try to win. That's when your quality will tell.

You can have all the quality in the world but if you do not put in the effort you will look a poor player and we have had loads of those at SWFC over the years. If everyone in the teams tries their best and you lose then there is little the players can do about it. However if you don't and you lose then it your fault for not giving it your best.

Players are human and are going to make basic mistakes occasionally. We as fans have to accept that. However what we do not have to accept and in my opinion should never accept is a player who does not give his best. This needs to be clear to players.

Here is a list of players that give their all would you want these untalented oafs in your team?

Messi

Scholes

Rooney

Giggs

Ronaldo

Terry

Cole

From my experience the quality players give 100% and have quality. The players with quality but do not put the effort in end up playing well below the level they should be playing at if they could be bothered to put the effort in. Which players who play for the top teams do not play to the best of their potential?

Mick Lyons

Andy Booth

Graham Hyde

Guy Branston

Chris O'Grady

Lawrie Madden

Lee Peacock

Would prefer all of the above over players with double their ability but half their commitment and passion

Mick Lyons

Andy Booth

Graham Hyde

Guy Branston

Chris O'Grady

Lawrie Madden

Lee Peacock

As opposed to lazy, overpaid, work shy, selfish, mardy footballers? Then the answer is yes

Guest MrsGoggins

Agreed. Wednesday 'fans' get too caught up with people who aimlessly run around chasing. But a player with a little more quality on the ball but doesn't have the as much work rate as other players get hounded and branded lazy.

Like COG?