Patience

I hurt as much as the next when we lost and for what its worth I do believe the performance yesterday was better than Wednesday, we looked better in possession against better opposition and bar a idiotic blunder from Taylor we would have got a point or maybe 3 as we had some momentum at that point.

The point I want to make is that we are as DJ says over and over work in progress, we must realise that last years team was not good enough and why so many new players have been brought in, we all identified this over the summer and I think to start calling for last years hero's as if they are some kind of world beaters is a little naive.

McCabe looks a player, Gardner to me looked good and would like to see him with Beevers at the back as I think Mark has come on this year and looked the part. Lee impressed me with his desire to get forward and think this could be a real asset, he also did very well against one of the best wingers in the league in Eagles.

Pecnik was a bit anonymous for me but had good set piece delivery, Barkley I am not sure about, obvious quality but not convinced he wants to be here, doesn't seem to enjoy his football, anyone else see JJ telling him to smile after he scored?

The biggest problem we have is transition, the speed of change has undoubtedly affected team spirit and I imagine factions exist from what I perceive. It will come good but will take time, we haven't even played 10 games yet and it will come good, we're not in the bottom 3 yet and for the time being still in the cup so still plenty to be positive about.

I am not a happy clapper but clear the team is changing and we need to support it and be patient.

A good sensible post. However managing the process of change is the key. DJ would have been better integrating new players into the team off the bench so that undue pressure is not placed on them. We have good players but a weak team at the moment due to too many changes in a short period. IMO giving the captaincy to Taylor when he himself is new and struggling for form was a mistake but there were not many options for DJ. Not giving Lee a chance before was inexplicable as Mattock can only play at LB. But whilst some selections appear strange, let's not forget that Reda, Buxton, Mattock and Lines were unavailable yesterday and the collective performance was not as bad as some people make out but was riddled with individual errors and bad decision making. Not having a defender on the goal-line when defending corners seems crazy to me. With Reda out, Mattock should be given a chance at LB now but however woeful Taylor was yesterday, should we now start sticking with

the same team to give it a chance to gel? We

need a consistent back 4 above all else and

it's time for the manager to start giving his preferred line-up a few games together.

sorry but DJ has changed things to quick instead of intergrating the new players slowly through doing this the stuffing has been knocked out of the team , the fight and belief from last season has gone ,will it return on the showings so far i can't see it tbh,for instance playing unfit strikers before fit ones , yep thats a good move is it not , bound to cause unrest amongst the ranks, bringing a carthorse in and implementing him as captain Another good move tbh,dropping players because they

cause to many goals against ,yet the replacement is just as bad if not worse,saying a young player is not up to it ,yet when dj's hand is forced the said player proves without doubt that he is up to it,i could go on but it would take ages ,but i will end it by saying , last years camaradery would have helped us through until we gradually integrated the players and by doing this steadyly and at the right time things would not have been so bad ,methinks ,Oh and to people saying last years promotion team wouldn't be good enough,How do you know that or how does anyone for that matter ,it wasn't even tried tbh

Guest totemowl

MM hasn't got any patience so wanted to upgrade our team very quickly.

Fans haven't got any patience because despite improving just about every position they won't give them time to gel.

Me. I'm trying to be patient while everyone gels - team and supporters.

Though I've got sod all patience for the booers. They are a disgrace to themselves and the club.

I agree with Trev and Totem although I hope you are wrong Trev about Tiny. Yes he has played like a "carthorse" so far but he can't be as bad as he looks at the moment surely. He was highly rated by Watford fans but whilst he has appeared inept for us, perhaps we should suppress our frustrations and give him a few games to settle. He has played most of his career in the Premiership and it just seems unlikely that such an experienced player is going to continue to make schoolboy errors and be devoid of heading ability and unable to defend or pass. Let's give him a few weeks and allow him to settle in. (I say through gritted teeth but it is the best option available)

fair comment Peter ,if he does turn it round mate i will hold my hands up ,but i still have a feeling everything is'nt quite right at s6 mate ,

may be reading things wrong but thats just the feeling i get ,

any way mate did you enjoy your time away ,

Edited by trevdi9