Sign in to follow this  
Jon1867

Birmingham owls fans!

Ha ha - fair play then! I'll confess then to the Baggies being my favourite Midlands team. Less arrogant than Villa, friendlier than Wolves and Blues and bigger than Walsall.

There's a bit of shared history too with Meggo and Big Ron managing both and a few players turning out for both- Chris Brunt, Craig Shakespeare, Imre Varadi, Ronnie Wallwork(!) David Burrows(!) And I'm sure some others who were actually talented.

Then there's the battle of Bramall Lane which is enough to give this Owl a soft spot for the Baggies.

Finally I've always enjoyed going to the Hawthorns. I've seen the Owls win a couple of times which was great. But even when we've lost I've enjoyed the games.

Forgot to mention TBOBL so yeah, add that into the list of reasons why I like Wednesday.

Only know a few of those players. Brunty, Craig Shakespeare who later worked at the club in a coaching role before joining up with Nigel Pearson elsewhere. Wallwork I think is now serving time for selling off stolen car goods. The comment you make about us, Wolves and Villa is something we hear rather often, we seem to be the preferred Midlands choice thankfully!

Made my visit to Hillsborough during pre-season and very much liked it. Looking to go again and experience the atmsophere, and a win hopefully!

• Agree 1

I'd have to agree about Albion fans being the best of the bunch round here, although I do hate the way they call it 'the olbion'. I keep that to myself though as I'm slap bang in the middle of Albion country!

• Agree 1

I'd have to agree about Albion fans being the best of the bunch round here, although I do hate the way they call it 'the olbion'. I keep that to myself though as I'm slap bang in the middle of Albion country!

Or if you wanted to copy how the seals and dingles say it it's

The Olbiyun

I quite like the Albion. Prefer it over the Baggies to be honest :)

I can't believe how many Owls are down here to be honest! :biggrin:

'Massive' and all that lol

On my way to New St for the 11:39 to Sheffield. Will keep my eye out for any fellow Owls. I'll be the one wearing my 'lucky' 99-00 yellow and white away shirt (2games worn, 2 wins, 0 goalsa against so far)!

Thought I was on a whole train of Owls fans until I quickly realised that Brighton were playing Derby! Otherwise I saw Derby, Rotherham and Newcastle shirts but no Owls.

Following the inspiration of the South West South Wales Owls, I have set up a facebook page for any and all Midlands Owls. It's a bit short of members so far having only me and Mrs Bearwood on there! More the merrier to share a bit of banter, arrange lifts etc etc.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/456418561061945/members/

Though I had better introduce myself somewhere, and here seems as good a place as any.

Lived in the area for 8 out of the past 9 years, and currently 5 mins away from Bearwood High Street, which seems to be the local centre for Wednesdayites. Don't see as many games as I like, especially now I've started my first teaching job and the Saturday classes take up too much of my bloody time. But organising a jaunt up to Hillsborough for a group of my mates who live local (a Villan, a Hornet and whatever you call a Brighton fan. An Amex?) for the Derby game and want to get a ticket for the game against the 'Noses, of course.

Out of interest, is there anyone posting here who lives in Brewood and goes in the Bridge Inn? Was there a couple of weeks ago but a bit busy so couldn't say hello to the bloke who came in wearing a Wednesday hoodie.

I'm off to the game with a few Nuneaton Owls ..paying on the gate.. 1700 sold , I 'd imagine a fairfew more potg so I'd have thought 2k+....your facebook link doesn't seem to work,takes me to facebook but not to your group ?

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/456418561061945/

I'm off to the game with a few Nuneaton Owls ..paying on the gate.. 1700 sold , I 'd imagine a fairfew more potg so I'd have thought 2k+....your facebook link doesn't seem to work,takes me to facebook but not to your group ?

We nearly got 2000 didn't we! Link again here.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/456418561061945/

I think I'll be on the 9:22 out of New St, 9:52 Nuneaton, arrive Leicester 10:13

I'll be taking colours off before getting to Leicester though.