Sign in to follow this  
Jon1867

Birmingham owls fans!

Hi

I am a season ticket holder on the kop and I live in Dudley, west midlands. I want to know if there is any other owls fans who travel from the same area that would be interested in sharing lifts to home games? Or if you know of anybody who would be interested then please let me know thanks.

I live in Oldbury. I only get to four or five games a year and usually get the train. You could try posting in the exiled Owls section though. Seems to be a fairly ongoing Midlands Owls section on there. Did you get a ticket for the Wolves game then?

Ye I got a ticket for wolves can't wait cos most of my mates are wolves fans! But on current form it's not looking good but I'm keeping the faith!! But if you ever need a lift then I would be happy to take you and I will have to look for the owls exile section then!

Mostly Baggies around here, though I also have Birmingham City supporting in-laws and plenty of Villa and Walsall fans at work (Great Barr) - so I've had it from all angles in recent years. Let's hope they turn it around on Saturday and at Wolves eh!

I hope so mate and just keep the faith and it cheers me up when I see the pigs in the league 1 table and remember what a end of season we had last season!! Good time to be an owl mate!!

All my mates are wolves, Albion and blues and villa to but I'm proud to be an owl and always will be!!!

Hi

I am a season ticket holder on the kop and I live in Dudley, west midlands. I want to know if there is any other owls fans who travel from the same area that would be interested in sharing lifts to home games? Or if you know of anybody who would be interested then please let me know thanks.

Tango (Paul Gregory) travels from Wolverhampton to all games home and away , with a few friends (and a driver).

I lived in Birmingham for a few years whilst at the Poly at Perry Barr, lived in great barr for a bit and there were alot of baggies living in that area at the time. then moved to handsworth (left just before the riots) , returned to Bartley Green and then final year lived in Erdington

I moved from Sheffield to Birmingham about 18 months ago, I live in the Jewellery Quarter now. I won't get to many home games because of work but will post here if a I'm ever going up on the day of the match. I'm after a Wolves ticket too if you happen to know of one.

I moved from Sheffield to Birmingham about 18 months ago, I live in the Jewellery Quarter now. I won't get to many home games because of work but will post here if a I'm ever going up on the day of the match. I'm after a Wolves ticket too if you happen to know of one.

A bit close to St Andrews then?

Is the jewellery quarter a nice area these days, used to be a dump

Hi

Hi mate there's a group on Facebook called (SWSWSW) Sheffield Wednesday fans in South Wales and South West, join and post what games you go to as I'm sure lots of us Owls from down South travel through the midlands to get to games.

• Agree 1

How are you lot Wednesday fans if you're in Oldbury and Dudley?

Wouldn't you both be Albion, or depending on the part of Dudley, Wolves?

I can't believe that Midlands has so many Sheffield Wendesday supporters.

Tango (Paul Gregory) travels from Wolverhampton to all games home and away , with a few friends (and a driver).

I lived in Birmingham for a few years whilst at the Poly at Perry Barr, lived in great barr for a bit and there were alot of baggies living in that area at the time. then moved to handsworth (left just before the riots) , returned to Bartley Green and then final year lived in Erdington

I'd also like to know how he's a Wednesday fan considering he comes from Staffordshire!

A bit close to St Andrews then?

Is the jewellery quarter a nice area these days, used to be a dump

Yeah it's just the other side of town really.

The JQ is pretty nice. Still quite a few empty ex-factories and that but some good pubs, and it manages to be really quiet on weekends and evenings despite only being 10 minutes from the city center. Plus work is less than 5 minutes walk away which makes it even better.

How are you lot Wednesday fans if you're in Oldbury and Dudley?

Wouldn't you both be Albion, or depending on the part of Dudley, Wolves?

I can't believe that Midlands has so many Sheffield Wendesday supporters.

I'm not originally from the Midlands! Moved down here in 1993 to go to uni and have never really left. Now married to a Brummie, two kids and a decent job means that I think the West Midlands have adopted me. Doesn't stop me being an Owl or trying to brainwash my two lads into following suit. The oldest lad (nearly four) did me proud the other day when told by his Grandad that he could go with him to watch the Blues (Birmingham City) that he couldn't do that as he was an Owl...!

Hi mate there's a group on Facebook called (SWSWSW) Sheffield Wednesday fans in South Wales and South West, join and post what games you go to as I'm sure lots of us Owls from down South travel through the midlands to get to games.

Could you post a link to that? I've had a quick look on facebook with no joy. It may be worth setting up a West Midlands Owls facebook group if there are a few of us as well??

I'm not originally from the Midlands! Moved down here in 1993 to go to uni and have never really left. Now married to a Brummie, two kids and a decent job means that I think the West Midlands have adopted me. Doesn't stop me being an Owl or trying to brainwash my two lads into following suit. The oldest lad (nearly four) did me proud the other day when told by his Grandad that he could go with him to watch the Blues (Birmingham City) that he couldn't do that as he was an Owl...!

Fair do's then mate. I take it you're around the Bearwood area?

We've dropped our ticket prices if you want to watch some cheap premier league football on a saturday! :biggrin:

Building the Albion/Wednesday connection!

I've been to watch the Baggies (and Villa and Birmingham) as a neutral. It's never the same as watching the Owls. Like the Hawthorns though - I drive past it most days on my way to work and try not to get too jealous over the next game signs being Liverpool, Man Utd, etc etc.

And yes to Bearwood - lived there for eight years until May - now moved just over the border into Oldbury just by Warley Woods park and golf course.

I've been to watch the Baggies (and Villa and Birmingham) as a neutral. It's never the same as watching the Owls. Like the Hawthorns though - I drive past it most days on my way to work and try not to get too jealous over the next game signs being Liverpool, Man Utd, etc etc.

And yes to Bearwood - lived there for eight years until May - now moved just over the border into Oldbury just by Warley Woods park and golf course.

Well you're more than welcome whenever you wish. I wish I could drive past it every week, most beauitful place I've ever seen.

And very nice. The username was a bit of a give away. We're looking to move into Oldbury soon. Building some new houses near Brandhall and we're looking at one of those.

Don't you ever miss Sheffield? I'd feel quite home sick if I was in your shoes.

I miss my family being close by and easy access to the Sheffield San Siro - but other than that the West Midlands has been my home for all my adult life (I'm 37 now) so i think I am an adopted Brummie/ Yam Yam...

I miss my family being close by and easy access to the Sheffield San Siro - but other than that the West Midlands has been my home for all my adult life (I'm 37 now) so i think I am an adopted Brummie/ Yam Yam...

I suppose you've picked up one of the dialects too?

Black Country, I hope.

No but the kids are getting a bit of it which worries me. How can a gate be a goite?? They'll be going to Yorkshire bootcamp if it carries on...!