Who scored your first Wednesday goal?

Spent the last nearly 40 years believing it was Mick Prendergast who'd scored our goal in a 1-1 draw v Hull at Hillsborough Boxing Day 1973. That was probably because he'd be the only bloke my (not football mad) dad had heard of. I stood on the Leppings Lane down at the front, and can clearly remember the pointy bit of the South Stand, and Peter Springett's bald pate coming to collect a loose ball in front of me, but bugger all else.

Later research declared the scorer to be Eddie Prudham. Damn. Prendergast much more street cred.

Gerald Sibon v Walsall, 20 October 2001. I was 14 and wore a Man Utd shirt under my jumper.

Byfield put Walsall ahead in the 19th, Sibon equalised in the 79th and Pablo Bonvin snatched the win in injury time.

Division 1 against Walsall might not sound a great introduction to Wednesday given what had gone before, but for a 14 year old who had never attended a football match before, it was like opium. Never looked back.

Lee Bradbury... Yes seriously, I started supporting us when we were poo pooe its not on the pitch that does it for me its the name Sheffield Wednesday, proper means so much. But yeah old Lee Bradbury penalty against Watford in 2003, we were 2-0 down and Bradbury scored the penalty then Danny Maddix scored a 94th minute equaliser! I'll remember that all my life. (I'd been to 2 games before that where we hadnt scored that season).

Edited by TheEnchanter

must have been rodger wylde at rotherhams think he scored and rod fern for rotherham think first home goal may have bin in the defeat too watford wen they were in the jenkins blisset era dint he score in that game peter shirtcliffe and a funny.feeling brian hornsby too

Guest tha_knows

The one, the only, and the legendary................................

Adam Proudlock vs Chesterfield in 2004 FT: 2-2

lol

I remember that game Sammy Clingan scored a screamer for Chez Vegas in that match

Guest SouthStand Gentleman

I remember that game Sammy Clingan scored a screamer for Chez Vegas in that match

Yep, I think the other was a Steve Maclean Penalty?

My first game was against Luton a few weeks earlier but that was 0-0 with Lee Peacock hitting the post.

Guest tha_knows

Yep, I think the other was a Steve Maclean Penalty?

My first game was against Luton a few weeks earlier but that was 0-0 with Lee Peacock hitting the post.

yea think ya right dude, I remember proudlock scoring pretty early on and like I say Clingan scored one for them, god they were dire times tho :(