OFFICIAL - Ross Barkley Signs

Everton fan in peace here! Just thought I'd wish you luck with Barkley. He really does look a real prospect. The Rooney comparisons that are put out by the press are slightly disingenuous but the fact remains that he is the most exciting prospect we have had come through the ranks since him. One of his best assets is his range of passing, though occaisonally he can attempt the hollywood ball a little too often. I think a move to a great team such as yourselves will do him a world of wonders as his progress was halted by the leg break he sustained on England duty when he was only 16.

All the best anyway, I lived in Sheffield for a few years and always had a soft spot for you. Much better than those cretinous rape-apologist across the city anyway. Barkley should do well, and I would imagine that as long as we don't sustain any injuries in midfield then the deal will be extended beyond the initial month. After we missed out on Vadis we have been left a little short. The only advice I would give is to not fall into the hole that some of our fans have done and expect him to beat three men and smash it into the top corner every time he gets the ball. He's a prospect, but needs time to develop.

Thanks for the info pal really looking forward to seeing him in action

Its amazing to think how far we have progressed in the past 2 years or so. We've gone from having James O'Connor and Darren Potter as our central midfield pairing to having that many different options and quality players nobody can even guess who'll end up starting.

Its great being an owl at the minute!

Guest jamietoffee

bet he gets stick on merseyside for joining the vile Wednesday or am i just synical

There won't be any stick for him because of making the move. Mistakes made by Wednesday 23 years ago at an orginisational level will have little bearing on this move. As long as he doesn't make an impromtue appearance at the South Yorkshire Police Ball then I'm sure he'll fine.

Everton fan in peace here! Just thought I'd wish you luck with Barkley. He really does look a real prospect. The Rooney comparisons that are put out by the press are slightly disingenuous but the fact remains that he is the most exciting prospect we have had come through the ranks since him. One of his best assets is his range of passing, though occaisonally he can attempt the hollywood ball a little too often. I think a move to a great team such as yourselves will do him a world of wonders as his progress was halted by the leg break he sustained on England duty when he was only 16.

All the best anyway, I lived in Sheffield for a few years and always had a soft spot for you. Much better than those cretinous rape-apologist across the city anyway. Barkley should do well, and I would imagine that as long as we don't sustain any injuries in midfield then the deal will be extended beyond the initial month. After we missed out on Vadis we have been left a little short. The only advice I would give is to not fall into the hole that some of our fans have done and expect him to beat three men and smash it into the top corner every time he gets the ball. He's a prospect, but needs time to develop.

Its alright mate, we do that to Jermaine Johnson so he'll take Barkley's share of the grief when it doesn't happen.

Good post though and good luck for the new season, always like to see Everton do well above any other sides in the Premiership ( until we get there ) proper football club with a great stadium, youth system and one of the best managers around, plus they always seem to take points off man united which is a bonus.

Darren Gibson ruled out for 4 to 5 weeks, could be the quickest loan re-call in history!! Hope not...

Everton's FM researcher says this of him...

"Noticed DJ has said... "He's energetic, good in the air and a box to box player who can score a goal." Personally i think he's talking about someone else! Ross prefers to run the game at his own pace, isn't particulary good at jumping for someone of 6foot and doesn't really track back enough to be considered 'box to box'

What you'll get is someone with great control of the ball, great vision, good dribbler, good with both feet, likes a pop from distance and can finish. He needs to play as the playmaker in the middle, not on the wing or elsewhere."