For anyone who doesn't live in Sheffield, why are you a fan?

Guest Yorkshirecath

when i was a pup my dad wanted me to be a leicester fan (born and bred in leicester like meself) he decorated my room all in leicester stuff and bought me a ticket to leicester vs weds at filbert street in 95 (he chose this game cause i used to like the weds 95 home shirt - still my fave ever) anyway I was cheering leicester on when graham hyde scored from outside the ground to give wednesday a 1-0 win and I was hooked, my first game at hillsboro wasnt until the quarter final of the league cup against watford some years later! but what a first home game!!!

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Half the Blades I know are generally well balanced people with good footballing ideas/aspirations

The other half are uneducated/messed up and mentally challenged in more than one way.

I should add that the first 50% I mention soon turn to side with the crackpots after 2-3 pints

In short they are all fooookin looneys even the better than average ones are simply masquerading as something they are not and would be better described as footballing Charletons !

The claims they have all come up with over the years bare absolutely no resemblence to any form of reality on planet Earth

WRONG THREAD TO ME THEN - WHAT A FAIL !

Edited by thetruthisoutthere

Essex girl through and through me... But got converted totally back in university by a fellow owlstalker... So passionate about Wednesday there had to be something in it! Then had the opportunity to work at the children's hospital for a while and stayed right next to Hillsborough. Totally understood the passion then.

My son is also a total owl! We love our weekends in Sheffield!

Essex girl through and through me... But got converted totally back in university by a fellow owlstalker... So passionate about Wednesday there had to be something in it! Then had the opportunity to work at the children's hospital for a while and stayed right next to Hillsborough. Totally understood the passion then.

My son is also a total owl! We love our weekends in Sheffield!

If you seriously think any of these VULTURES are going to get as far as word three in this post...

Guest Snowy Owl

ello mate and welcome

Cheers Trev.

Now I'm here, I know it's off topic, but can I just thank you for the 'Getting In Early' artwork. Mines got pride of place in the 'Snowy' household. Good work.

Another fan here born in Mexborough have been a supporter since the early 50s when dad used to take me, all the family uncles cousins etc all supporters in their time,emigrated to South Africa in 1965 so guess who missed the 66 cup final.s--t have moved around a lot since then but always look for wednesdays results currently living in Plymouth last game i saw was at Home Park three or four years ago when we beat Argyle 2-1 In my 70s now but an Owl till i die.

Guest HeddaGambler

Norwegian, but don't hold it against me... :P

Started following football(in Norway this means Premier League as this is the only thing we ever sent on TV) in the early ninetees.

Wednesday was an easy team to enjoy back then.

Was probably the only Norwegian in to walk around with a David Hirst jersey :) Now I have found a couple of soulmates, mostly around my same age as they also grew up with the best Wednesday generation ever.

As an active player still in my early thirtees, I always wear a Wednesday jersey in practice

Oh, and my appologies for Petter Rudi... Hopefully we will make up for that some day soon(would love to see a Norwegian on Hillsboro') :D

God bless us all as this season will be epic!

Where in Norway are you based?

Born and raised in Yateley (Hants/Surrey/Berks border) I just followed in the footsteps of my brother really.

Im led to believe his team selection came from one of the '93 games against Arsenal on TV.

We've been going as regularly as we can ever since and even converted Dad from a Gillingham fan.

Then last week took my Girlfriends little boy to his first game at Palace after weeks of him begging to go to a "Sheff Wensdeee" game. He's now desperate to see Hillsborough.

After years and years (and years!) of abuse through school for supporting Wednesday I have managed to convert the majority of people into making Wednesday their second team down here.

You can shove your 'Big 4'! I'll take turning up to games and not knowing of Reading will smash 6 past us or Rushden and Diamonds (JESUS!) will hold on for a 0-0 or we'll smash Bristol Rovers 6-2.

Choosing (or being chosen by) The Wednesday is my brothers' finest moment to date.

Proper football, proper fans, proper club!

Guest Bowler1867

Born and lived in Sheffield until I was 8, moved to South Africa, Now live in wonderful Whitley bay but continue to support the owls whilst having great fun winding up the magpies. Doing my best to ensure my son follows the correct path.

Born in Blackpool, raised in Millom, Cumbria - have lived in London & now in Canberra, Australia

I'm a Wednesdayite because I was converted from the day I was born ( this coming Sunday is my bday ) - My dad didnt even like football when he seen that he had a namesake Peter Johnson playing in the 1960-61 season whilst he was at school that got him hooked. His Aunty lives in Rotherham & used to go down for the weekend from Cumbria & watch Wednesday at home.

Going forward my 1st game was in October 84 beating Leicester 5-0 at this time I was the only kid in school who was a Wednesdayite - mainly full of mancpoo pooe, liverpool, everton with a few blackburn, bolton & carlisle to boot. I remember when we had the FA Cup marathon against Everton in 88 I think & get tormented the poo poo out of by the Evertonians after being 0-5 at half time in the 4th reply what ever it was!

On the upside ( now at senior school ) on Monday 22nd April 1991 being the only Wednesdayite was utter bliss after beating the Mancs in the final. My uncle ( dads younger brother ) had got me a ticket for this game but father wouldnt let me go to that London on the train as a 12 year old alone :(

Pretty much after that we would do a game a month at home with the odd away game thrown in - 6hr round trip for a home game. Remember at 1.01pm on the 3rd April 93 my dad asking 'Will Sheri take it or...' YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS! we were sat right on the divide with the pigs as God smashed that in grown men hugging & falling over down the steps priceless memories. We couldnt make the league cup final but got the FA Cup Final in but not the replay as Dad wasnt keen on the drive back to London on a school night.

As I got older more games cropped up specially away & have probably done 45 of the league grounds - have a few mates back home in the UK who would come along to watch Wednesday specially at some away games for the atmosphere ( admitting that it was better than going to Anfield or OT etc ). Having seen a fair bit obviously not as much as others but have loved every minute & cant wait for my next game which will be either Ipswich or Boro at home this season when Im in the UK next ( I need my fix ).

Ive been in Australia since October & the Wednesday gear is a permanent fixture in my wardrobe - Wednesday jacket on to work most days. Just about to spend probably 200 quid in the megastore & get it all sent over soon aswell got to keep the flag flying! I find it ironic that a few people have mentioned North Melbourne on here in this - I didnt know much about AFL but watch a bit & NM are the team who I look out for bc of the blue & white stripes.

I feel as though I have been chosen by Wednesday & would never change a thing - look forward to more fun when I get back over next year :) UTO FTB WTID

Guest Catford_Pele

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, 1st time poster.

I'm a Londoner, but have been following the Owls since my school days, the catalyst being my favourite player ever, Chrissy Waddle's transfer to the club in 1992 and I've never looked back, even through the three relegations since then and haven't felt this good about following the Owls since the 96/97 season when we finished 7th.

Used to get odd looks in London when wearing my Owls shirt, but met some fellow Owls fans at uni and that reinforced my love for the club!

Try to get to the odd game when the club are playing in London when I can!

Interesting fact, I've got an old issue of Four Four Two somewhere from way back in 1995 and in that particular issue, the three players they featured in 'The boy's a bit special' were:

Andy Booth

Simon Donnelly

Raul

Spot the odd one out!

UTO FTB!