For anyone who doesn't live in Sheffield, why are you a fan?

Guest Yorkshirecath

Live in Barnsley. Barnsley is a poo poo hole. Went to a match at Hillsborough with a mate and fell in love with the club!

So glad my dad didn't get me into football otherwise I would be a L**ds fan! Uuuuuh...

Edited by audin

Guest RicketyOwl

Got up to watch the 92 - 93 FA Cup replay as my grandad followed Arsenal, but like our friend Crosbie a few posts earlier, I too follow North Melbourne so I was not too sure who I was going for because of the colours being them same. That is until stinky old Andy Linighan popped his head up. Then i was pissed off, so i reckon i must have being going for Wednesday all along :-D

Born and lived in Langwith for 73 years, came to Hillsborough in 1960 (as a neutral) to watch the undefeated Spurs side. Stood on the Kop and watched with 56300 other supporters as Wednesday ended the Spurs run. The atmosphere was electric, and I was hooked. Season ticket holder the following season, and still going strong (except for a few aches and pains). Have saved the programme from every match I've seen and will soon need a bigger bungalow to store them in.

Born on Penistone road (corner of Fielding and Penistone)

Family all Owls

Left Sheffield in 1980 for South Africa, now live in Hertfordshire

I have a season ticket, as do my grand kids - they live in Manchester their dad is Manure and other grandpa Citeh - I took them to Hillsborough at an early age and the rest is history

Guest James Junny

Born in Sheffield, live in rotherham, my nan took me to millmoor and asked me if I liked it and I said no, so she never took me there again thank god. My mums mate worked for the pigs and took my around the ground and even watched the game in box seats,met all the players and after all that I never went there again. Then my stepdad at the time who was a blunt and a fire station officer who was at the hillsbrough disaster took me to watch us beat oldham in 1992, palmer scored, think we won 3 nill and in sat in the south which sounded loud that day! I enjoyed every minute and wanted to go every week but stepdad just couldn't go again because of bad memories so determined as always have I used to go myself at 13 and I'm Wednesday till I die.

Born in Sheffield, live in rotherham, my nan took me to millmoor and asked me if I liked it and I said no, so she never took me there again thank god. My mums mate worked for the pigs and took my around the ground and even watched the game in box seats,met all the players and after all that I never went there again. Then my stepdad at the time who was a blunt and a fire station officer who was at the hillsbrough disaster took me to watch us beat oldham in 1992, palmer scored, think we won 3 nill and in sat in the south which sounded loud that day! I enjoyed every minute and wanted to go every week but stepdad just couldn't go again because of bad memories so determined as always have I used to go myself at 13 and I'm Wednesday till I die.

Oldham match midweek snowed quite heavy? I have good memories of the ensuing snowball fight on the way back to the car

I'm a glory supporter so Wednesday were the only team for me.

On a serious note, born and grew up in Doncaster, my dad supported them so I didn't really have a choice. The reason he supports them was down to a few reasons: his dad was scottish do didn't follow a local team to take him to, his mates at school were Wednesdayites so went to games with them and also the FA Cup final of 1966 got him hooked.

Guest mattwilleyuk

Same here almost exactly - There from 84 onwards

Born in Maltby and went to Lilly Hall Junior School, teacher there was a Mr Herbet who was in charge of the school football team, all the lads there thought he was great and all the lasses had a crush on him, he was a massive wednesday fan and influenced a lot of us to support them, despite my dad dragging me along to millmoor every now and again. So from about the age of 8 I have been following them, moving around the country but getting along when I can. I understand the teacher is still at the school some 30 odd years later, he must have converted a few over the years.