For anyone who doesn't live in Sheffield, why are you a fan?

Guest Yorkshirecath

Guest Yorkshirecath

Wednesday are well known for having a lot of support outside of Sheffield, lots in other countries too. So if you're a supporter outside of Sheffield how did you become a fan? Did you used to live here?

Just curious............

Edited by Yorkshirecath

Born in Maltby and went to Lilly Hall Junior School, teacher there was a Mr Herbet who was in charge of the school football team, all the lads there thought he was great and all the lasses had a crush on him, he was a massive wednesday fan and influenced a lot of us to support them, despite my dad dragging me along to millmoor every now and again. So from about the age of 8 I have been following them, moving around the country but getting along when I can. I understand the teacher is still at the school some 30 odd years later, he must have converted a few over the years.

Guest Ozzieowlpelvicthrust

Also raised in West Yorkshire. My dad was originally from Sheffield area and used to sell The History of Wednesday (not sure of the title) at the ground on matchdays in 60s. Got first season ticket on the kop for 1986/87 season and was hooked after that.

Edited by Ozzieowlpelvicthrust

Guest Hirsty's Love Child

I was born in Sheffield but live & work in (dirty) Leeds now. Met a few Owls up here. One mate of mine, follows Wednesday because when he was in his teens he lived next door to a Mr J Sheridan who'd recently signed for us but still lived up here and had set to work converting like the Messiah he was!

A good a reason as any I suppose!

Guest OutandOutOwl

Born in East Yorkshire. Mum and Dad were both born in Sheffield. Had a season ticket for a number of years and travelled over, which took about an hour.

Went to Uni in Sheffield until this year when I graduated.

I now travel 2 hours there and 2 hours back to matches from Shropshire.The fixtures work out that I often have to do this twice in one week. Not impressed

Norwegian, but don't hold it against me... :P

Started following football(in Norway this means Premier League as this is the only thing we ever sent on TV) in the early ninetees.

Wednesday was an easy team to enjoy back then.

Was probably the only Norwegian in to walk around with a David Hirst jersey :) Now I have found a couple of soulmates, mostly around my same age as they also grew up with the best Wednesday generation ever.

As an active player still in my early thirtees, I always wear a Wednesday jersey in practice

Oh, and my appologies for Petter Rudi... Hopefully we will make up for that some day soon(would love to see a Norwegian on Hillsboro') :D

God bless us all as this season will be epic!

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Born and bred a wednesdayite, all the fanily are, live in whitby now but in between worked and lived all over the place. It doesn't change anything.

I may move abroad again in next few years BUT I will always follow Wednesday and listen to matches whenever I can connect to anything from anything from anywhere...