Palace fans not too confident...

Can somebody put into words for somebody who has never been just how much of a 'trek' it is to Selhurst Park, and why it is a tedious ground to play at. Perhap a short paragraph or even a poem if feeling sufficiently artistic.

Thanks in advance.

It's not too bad a schlepp, really. Obvious point, but the good thing about London is that places are easy to get to if you don't mind the tube and then hoofing it for a bit. Norwood Junction is the station you want (2 tube train changes from King's Cross/St Pancras) then about a half mile on foot (Station Road. Oliver Grove, Holmesdale Road, Park Road). Google map it. I'm guessing we will be given the White Horse end. Personally, I can't relate very much to all the vitreol and rabid foam dribbling that gets wasted by the brothers on Palace. 2010 and all that? Ancient history. Forget it. Palace have a relatively unthreatening (if, obviously, morose) following. It's no more tedious than anywhere else in S. London.

Guest SnookerOwl

Wednesday will win down there. We are a better side.

We are going for promotion.

UTO :Hirsty:

Edited by SnookerOwl

It's not too bad a schlepp, really. Obvious point, but the good thing about London is that places are easy to get to if you don't mind the tube and then hoofing it for a bit. Norwood Junction is the station you want (2 tube train changes from King's Cross/St Pancras) then about a half mile on foot (Station Road. Oliver Grove, Holmesdale Road, Park Road). Google map it. I'm guessing we will be given the White Horse end. Personally, I can't relate very much to all the vitreol and rabid foam dribbling that gets wasted by the brothers on Palace. 2010 and all that? Ancient history. Forget it. Palace have a relatively unthreatening (if, obviously, morose) following. It's no more tedious than anywhere else in S. London.

We'll be in the Arthur Wait Stand, but towards the Whitehorse Lane end (they've changed it from previous years - the away fans always used to be at the Holmesdale end of the Arthur Wait Stand). I think people think of it as a schlepp coming from the north because by public transport it requires reaching London, crossing the city from one end to the other, and then getting another slow train out the other side, before the ten-minute walk to the stadium. Most grounds don't require crossing a city and then going out the other side, and many are walkable from the city's main station. Driving is also difficult as the stadium is stuck right in South London suburbs and there's virtually nowhere to park. It's also a nightmare to get away from after the game because of the traffic. If I was driving I'd go around the M25, cut in towards Croydon from the south-west, and then hop on the train from East Croydon Station, but that does require a long drive around the M25.

Guest against the board

Revenge

not really. you are the better side now though

What have Palace got to lose really...they haven't won yet so they probably just go for it to try and get that win

unlikely!