Probably had a look a round a bit, bought some trainers, went to KFC then to bingo and back to caravan.

Close (it was McDonalds we went to) lol

I'M IN LA BOAST

lol - come on tell us the story then. Mob involvement, bum raped, got high with hookers? ;)

Did you also catch my San Fran boasts earlier in thread?? lol

I searched for a couple of bars in yelp. Put in directions, and for the first it took me to the middle of a disused car lot and the second down a residential street. The first bar was about 200 yards away on a totally different road - the second - nowhere to be found. Checked the addresses and they were correct so it was the mapping that was wrong.

Given we'd not got a clue where we were it was a little nerving walking round a residential area in LA with no idea where we were going either.

Sadly though, we didn't encounter a single hooker.

OK. So a slight backtrack from me. Had a play with one on Friday. Very nice. Feels unbelievably light and the screen looked far better than my 4S.

Want one. But don't get one yet. May still wait till next year.

I love it, it's a quality bit of kit.

Battery life is abysmal for me though.

There is probably loads of background apps running or something. I'll suss it out or just get another battery.

I think I've made the right choice, already have the new iPad so it's like having the best of both worlds really.

Battery is pretty good for me? I use it quite a lot, especially whatsapp which absolute BUMMED my 3GS battery. Can have take it off charge in the morning and it will be on about 20% by the next morning.

Wanting to buy the 5 sim free from the Apple Store but no joy as yet!

They had a reservation system running from 9-5 each day but had no joy and its now closed due to lack of availability - god knows when I'm gonna get one!

I like the look of the 5 but its definitely something I won't be getting.

OK. So a slight backtrack from me. Had a play with one on Friday. Very nice. Feels unbelievably light and the screen looked far better than my 4S.

Want one. But don't get one yet. May still wait till next year.

So, being a massive lier, I've gone ahead and bought one.

Anyway - current owners - any case/accessory recommendations? I've bought a wafer thin case for it (have one on my 4S and its surprisingly good) but wonder if anything else is out there worthwhile?

Also after charging solutions?

I've gone for the micro USB > lightning adaptor for £15. It's the same price as an extra lightening cable, but you can use it on any micro USB lead which (a) can be bought in much longer lengths than the standard Apple cable, and (b) are cheap as chips if you order from Amazon and © can be used with the plug you got with your 4S.

I've gone for the micro USB > lightning adaptor for £15. It's the same price as an extra lightening cable, but you can use it on any micro USB lead which (a) can be bought in much longer lengths than the standard Apple cable, and (b) are cheap as chips if you order from Amazon and © can be used with the plug you got with your 4S.

Excellent - thanks, I'll go for one of those.

Phone arrived this morning and does seem quite a bit quicker - call quality is at skype clarity levels now as well. Nice

Finally decided to buy into the smart phone market with an iPhone, god knows when it'll arrive though. Looking forward to getting it though, will make a bit of difference over using my old slidey Samsung one straight from the 90s. lol

Skype clarity?? Is that a good thing?

Skype is pretty poo poo most times I use it on my laptop

I'm talking of Skype clarity when I use it on my iphone (rarely use it on my laptop). Its digital clarity, and extremely clear and crisp. Normal calling is now the same on standard calls on the 5.

It will take a bit of getting used to though - I used to think it sounded too clear on skype.

Grandad needs a better laptop.

But seriously, Skype quality can vary depending a lot on broadband speed but also on hardware.

Gotta say I've Skyped voice from St Lucia without a problem and even video now from iPhone / mac is fantastic.

Have Apple fixed the issue of not being able to bluetooth to other non iphone phones yet? Genuine question. Our lass and her friend tried bluetoothing a picture but couldn't get the devices to pair, with her friend getting unsupported device (iphone 4S = friend and Samsung GS2 = our lass)

We've been here before. They aren't gonna let you Bluetooth between phones - sharing songs.

And who the flip wants to Bluetooth? E mail or message.

Obviously 2 lasses who wanted to share a picture there and then :wacko: (email / message costs money)

Thanks for answering anyway