Jone's signings

It's not a complicated theory that DJ is practicing here, he's bringing in promising youngsters who can develop and shipping out the journeymen. If they were the age they are and the complete finished article, they'd be coating us millions.

I think what is happening behind the scenes is DJ just sets a higher standard for fitness, and it is taking some of the players who didn't have proper pre-season's some time to meet with his expectations.

Guest wilyfox

bizarre thread; don't understand it. we've played 5 competitive games, won 4 and drew the 5th - yet apparently our signings may not be good enough. we've proven we can be competitive at this level; what more could we have asked from the first few games...?!

Guest keyser soze

You're missing the genius of Jones' signings. He's not trying to create a world beating XI with no depth. He's building a squad with genuine depth and options. Look at the improvements:

Kirkland - ROD

Lee - Otsemobor

Mattock - Reynolds

Gardner - R Jones

Pecnik - Sedgwick

McCabe - Prutton

Rodri - Lowe

Maguire - Morrison

That's not including Antonio and Mayor who are replacements for Errrrr, nobody! Just holes in the squad. So for me, no questioning his signings.

Is it me or is this board attracting whingeing nobheads, as we are doing so well they have to try to find a negative, how long before the thread 'the toilets are a disgrace' or a 'my Bovril was too hot' thread, get a grip you moaning gets and support the team

Finally some proper topics to discuss...

You ever just thought Lee and Mattock are not playing because Jones wont change a winning side.

Well said. Too many managers feel they have to pick players because they signed them. Jones is picking the team on merit.

Is the jury still out on dj's signings, Amado - gone, Lee & Mattock can't get a look in, Maguire & Pecknic no better than what we had.

We've gone for a young squad that is here to develop over time. As Dave Jones says, "we're a work in progress." It's common sense that if the more experienced players are fit, they will get the shirt first. Dave Jones is doing an excellent job.

This is still basically GM's team as far as I can see...

gary megson

Maybe Jones should do a Trevor Francis and get rid of all our good players and fetch his own in to say its his team