Jone's signings

I'm glad some of last seasons squad are still getting in the first team ahead of the new players. Jones could have easily just changed the entire team this season because of the step up, but he has got players who were here before him playing the way he wants.

At the moment the players are earning their place in the team ahead of the new signings.

For saying Amado may have been a poor choice we have McCabe who as been fantastic and what looks like an excellent signing in Rhodri.

Jury will still be out on players, but we've played 5 games. Players like Pecnik are going to need time to settle.

flipping flip off you flipping plum. go into a flipping dark room and stick a finger up your arse for a bit, as we're busy moving on to better thing round here.

Not in the mood for negativity, can you tell?

But in the mood to swear like a sailor without offering much else...

Guest contango

Is it me or is this board attracting whingeing nobheads, as we are doing so well they have to try to find a negative, how long before the thread 'the toilets are a disgrace' or a 'my Bovril was too hot' thread, get a grip you moaning gets and support the team

Guest intake_owl77

Look at all the players DJ has improved. Coke, Beevers, Daniel Jones, JJ and COG, to name some, all look like different players under Jones.

That's bang on. He has done an amazing job for us and built on what megson started. We now look confident at passing the ball around and even though fulham didn't have their full side out we were still playing against quality players and held our own easy. I think there is a lot more to come from pecnik, I personally think he's a good player and far better than we had. The futures bright at s6 . Come on Wednesday! Uto

The responses to the OP are a little simplistic imo.

I wouldn't be surprised if DJ would admit to himself, that the jury is still out on some of his signing ... His team selections suggest as much.

That's not to say anyone is moaning about the results / start to the season / 17 game run etc.

A thread on a forum that causes debate? ... Isn't this what forums are about?

Debate doesn't always have to be on a mass level.

post-445-0-77689300-1344014361_thumb.jpg

Harsh to judge players after only a few games but to take the OP in the context of the original post then yes......the jury if it existed would still be out as we ain't seen enough of any of them to be praising or grumbling.

The squad has improved dramatically in the time that DJ has been at the club, adding to that we are on a fantastic run so it would take a brave man to start knocking anything that DJ has done thus far, as others have said he has got players some fans were writing off as surplus to requirements involved and playing well so the new players into the fold should feel like they have to earn their place in the side.....isn't that what you'd want as a fan?

We now have competition for every position. This means players are upping their performance to make sure they keep the shirt. We are very much improved from last season. We just outplayed a premiership team who probably rang less changes than us tonight. We had more fringe players than them on the field tonight. Yet still people question DJ?

Is the jury still out on dj's signings, Amado - gone, Lee & Mattock can't get a look in, Maguire & Pecknic no better than what we had.

Amado has gone because he couldn't settle, but we turned a quick profit on him. Mattock and Lee have cause Buxton and Reda to up their game to keep their place, just what you want competition to do (and Lee has been injured)

Peknic and Maguire both have abilities to boost the squad, but like Mattock and Lee, are being kept out by raised performances from COG, JJ and Madine, as well as the arrival of Rodri.

The players have boosted the squad and made it so no-one feels certain to have a spot and work for it instead.

See, no manager - Fergie, Mancini, whoever - ever has a 100% record of signing class. Every signing is a gamble. Players sometimes turn out to be overrated, unfit, insubordinate or lazy... or just plain unlucky by getting injured and never fulfilling their potential.

All you can ask is for the manager to look high and low for talent, foster competition for places, understand the strengths and weaknesses of his squad, and play his best XI each week. I believe Jones is doing that.

The question you SHOULD be asking is... how are his BEST signings faring? Pretty awesome from where I'm sitting.

We're not done yet though are we, most of our signings have been squad players. To be fair to DJ, the next 3 or 4 signings will be the ones that shape the team. Add those to Kirkland, Antonio, Rodri and Gardner, and we will have a more accurate reflection of what his signings can do. The others he has brought in are all capable players who will play their part in what is shaping up to be a very exciting season