Sign in to follow this  
peggyowl

McCabe and Rangers

Not sure what's going off. Another of their players have left gone to Helsingborg and that all seems ok. So why the problems with McCabe.

maybe because it's us , at wednesday we are guarenteed for things to work against us lol

Edited by trevdi9

Because McCabe is a far better prospect

Because Scotland and England have history

And this

Edited by rob_owl_92
  • Agree 1

I T C =it takes clearlyalongtimeffs

• Agree 5

Think the guy's asking why has that transfer been confirmed and ITC been granted (if it has) so quickly and why hasn't it in our case.

I can only think that Rangers/Scottish FA haven't blocked/have approved the paperwork in this transfer, but not ours, for - as has been suggested above - the reason they think they can prove some compensation is owed in this case.

I don't know why. Training costs, better prospect. If Stoke got Ness for free, I don't see why we can't do the same. All been a bit of a mystery to me - how come So'ton paid a bit to Rangers got get Davis deal to go through, but I never saw same in respect to Naismith.

Don't know if some details are being reported, others not, or if players have been dealt with differently.

Don't think Aluko played for Hull today because they are waiting for clearance.

Everton and Stoke are OK to play Naismith and Ness now I think, but they had to wait a while too.

Sure it will be fine eventually, hope we can get it sorted before Derby game if not Oldham.

i can only assume its an age issue - unless some clause in the contract is proving contentious. I thought EU employment law held precedent over these things anyway.

British :ph34r:

The national anthem of Britain is "God save the Queen" ....... i 'don;t like it (as a song, that is) but there you go, the Scottish & Welsh anthems (imo are more soul stirring) - wish we had a more of a traditional song ........and there's plenty of them -and not about one person ...... but about England.

Note; Did'nt see Giggs and Bellamy singing it in the Olympics........ ?

*lights touchpaper* :ph34r:

Edited by owls-swfc
  • Disagree 1

Think the guy's asking why has that transfer been confirmed and ITC been granted (if it has) so quickly and why hasn't it in our case.

I can only think that Rangers/Scottish FA haven't blocked/have approved the paperwork in this transfer, but not ours, for - as has been suggested above - the reason they think they can prove some compensation is owed in this case.

I don't know why. Training costs, better prospect. If Stoke got Ness for free, I don't see why we can't do the same. All been a bit of a mystery to me - how come So'ton paid a bit to Rangers got get Davis deal to go through, but I never saw same in respect to Naismith.

Don't know if some details are being reported, others not, or if players have been dealt with differently.

Wylde went to Bolton a couple of weeks ago too

Seems very selective

Wylde went to Bolton a couple of weeks ago too

Seems very selective

I'd forgotten about him. I can only think So'ton made a payment, despite not legally having to, just for practical reasons. They've got money to spare, want to get him involved as soon as poss, probably was a small sum. Maybe Rangers don't have any expectation of getting anything, just want to be obstructive as some form of payback.

• Agree 1

Rangers fans in one of our offices are saying we should give them some money for McCabe. None of them could give me a reasonable explanation as to why.

• Agree 2

Wasnt mccabe valued at 10 million by rangers? They may not like the fact that somone else has him now and they wont see any of his future fee not even a % of the sale

Wasnt mccabe valued at 10 million by rangers? They may not like the fact that somone else has him now and they wont see any of his future fee not even a % of the sale

I'm gutted for them.

• Agree 3

The company that previously employed McCabe went into liquidation, and ceased to exist. He chose not to TUPE his contract across to Newco Rangers, as was his right, and I can't see why as he was never contracted to the new company, they could reasonably expect to be paid compensation for him. There seems to be no reason at all why the Scottish FA wont ratify the move, unless as is the case in this country with Man U and Chelsea, Rangers and Celtic are bigger than the SFA, and it's case of the tail wagging the dog. Rangers say they want compensation, the SFA say ok.

• Agree 2

Text from a Glasgow Rangers fan I know, after asking him his opionion on McCabe ..........

" aye he's good but could'nt get a game in the Scottish 3rd, so had to go down a leauge" ! :rolleyes:

I think it's to do with the fact that he's under 23 and they want a little compo. Not a chance though, it will drag on a little unfortunately!

Edited by Babushka1867