OWLSTALK SOLD OUT THE WEDNESDAY PLAYER OFFER !

Guest chappers

Is it really worth having? I bought one just because of the price. The live commentary is a bit useless for me as I have a radio, so I can easily just use that. What else does it offer?

It's almost like you succumbed to a brilliant marketing exercise there fella

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Guest super mandaric

It's almost like you succumbed to a brilliant marketing exercise there fella

lol

I am far too easy to persuade. Darn you Sheffield Wednesday and your sneaky marketing techniques! lol

Guest SteveyOwl

Whilst a fantastic offer that was always going to be taken advantage of I do think that it should have been made clear that there was a limited number of subs available. I read the facebook post this morning that said it was for today only and so was going to do it at lunch when I have access to internet and not just on my phone. Gutted I missed out with my subs running out in 10 days time but thinking it was for today only I didnt expect to not get it. Well done and a good job to everyone who did though.

That's simply not true

Same as people who think that if football was a tenner to get in people would come flocking to Hillsborough

Depends on the thresholds and the perceived value of the offer I suppose. At present the normal price of Player is pretty much two match day tickets for me, and every year I will choose the extra two home games. The standard price is just a massive barrier to entry for me, a tenner or maybe twenty quid isn't. I dare say the same is true for thousands of other fans whose disposable income is limited after transport, family costs or student living etc

For me, and by the looks of it at least 400 other people, a lower value player subscription is an attractive offer and has added at least one more subscriber to the service, and potential future customer at full price.

I'd be interested to see how many subscribers there are at full price. Clearly there is an interest in having the service at a lower price. Twitter has had nothing on it related to Wednesday today apart from hundreds of people passing the offer and draw info on for this.