WEDNESDAY FAN SPOTTED

Guest davet30

Guest davet30

There needs to be a subforum with this heading.

Obviously for fans spotted outside of Sheffield and away from football grounds during THE MASSIVE visits around the world and not someone you know :biggrin:

Can include cars with stickers, fans wearing shirts

...Just a suggestion

In suburban Sydney I was being quite considerate on the road and let this older guy merge in front of me, then on the back window I see a little Wednesday kit suction to it. I've never seen a Manure kit or anything like that on the back of someones car window in Sydney. Now that's what I call MASSIVE.

Got a Wednesday sticker on the back of my Mini-van if anyone spots that!

Same here. Sticker in the back window of my Camry. Never had anyone show any recognition towards it though.

Was at a conference in Memphis a couple of years ago, and wearing my shirt as I checked out of the hotel. One of the fellow attendees came up and said how much he loved English football and knew all the teams. He then began to guess what SWFC stood for. After realing off a list of English towns and cities beginning with "S" (even guessing Salisbury, and St Ives FFS) he gave up. Looked at me in absolute bewilderment when I mentioned Sheffield Wednesday.

Huge love for English football there....

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Spotted a few at the Japan vs Egypt game (and on the train) at Old Trafford on Saturday 4th August! Though none on here!

OT.jpg

I went to this game - after I finally got in after 1 and 1/2 hours qeueing for baggage checks and missing the first 15 minutes and first goal. I only went so I could tick off Old Trafford without having to watch Man Utd! Anyhow I didn't see any Owls but did see lots and lots of other shirts. It was very friendly and like no other football match I've been to.

I get the London Overground from Hoxton to Clapham Junction most evenings after work. A couple of weeks back there was a lad wearing a Wednesday training top sitting opposite me for part of the journey.

I remember when I was at uni in the late '90s we went on a trip to Strasbourg. There was a clapped-out old Citroen or Renault or something parked over the road from the hotel with a Wednesday sticker on it.

Edited by punkskaphil

Guest crossy-the-owl

2 owls in Altinkum, Turkey during June - 1 x home 1 x away (shirts that is)

Wednesday in Turkish is "Chashamba"

Av to remember that im goin to Altinkum in september.. mam n dads in mammaris at min there owls lol