Your Antonio valuation

Guest James Junny

700k, plus 300k on promotion, plus 25% sell on clause, this is what they want but we are offering 600k plus 250k on promotion and 15% sell on, its on the table right now and they are considering doing the deal but they want Antonio to play few more pre season games to decide weather he,s worth keeping or not,

Just a thought. On 5th May the gate was 38,000. Say 13,000 season tickets So 25,000 paid what £25 £30. Well £30 means £750,000. 10,000 programmes @ £5 another £50,000. I guess the bars took a few £. So the take on that day was the thick end of £1,000,000. For a few more days like that is £750,000 a reasonable bet?

Guest kiltonowl

As the Ben Marshall scenario proved there are always other players available. Any more than £500k for a player that has little experience at this level, who is not going to feature in their squad, and who is out of contract in 1 years time is absolutely ludicrous. Antonio did well for us but we should not be held to ransom. Thankfully it seems Milan is very frugal with his money and drives a hard bargain. I don't think he'll pay funny money.

If we're looking to spend anything close to that sort of money I'd rather see us spend it on someone like David Templeton. Young English players nine times out of ten are WAY over-valued. A million for Antonio would be absolute madness.

Firstly....David Templeton will be sold for more than £1m. (And the scottish league is no better than L1 - Antonio would be a world beater up there!)

Secondly...do you not think we were a tad lucky to unearth Antonio last year after having Marshall? If you think there are unlimited players out there with his ability and more importantly a good attitude....you are mistaken.

Thirdly....you have to consider he will be an asset to the club, he will go on the balance sheet as a £1m tangible asset that can be sold and turned into liquid cash. Unless he has a nightmare season (which i think is unlikely given what we have seen first hand) his value will either stay the same or increase.

rumble all. im not sure what the fuss is to buy him, we could loan him for a season without much thought until reading knew we wanted him. set a option to buy at a certain price and see if he works.

same with a tonne of players, for example sign someone like ranger on a season loan, set the price, we might pay more but having the option is better than wasting cash and we'd probably be at least even on the season comparing trash loans with good ones.

Firstly....David Templeton will be sold for more than £1m. (And the scottish league is no better than L1 - Antonio would be a world beater up there!)

Secondly...do you not think we were a tad lucky to unearth Antonio last year after having Marshall? If you think there are unlimited players out there with his ability and more importantly a good attitude....you are mistaken.

Thirdly....you have to consider he will be an asset to the club, he will go on the balance sheet as a £1m tangible asset that can be sold and turned into liquid cash. Unless he has a nightmare season (which i think is unlikely given what we have seen first hand) his value will either stay the same or increase.

Firstly, Antonio has had one good spell for us that is all. I really like him, but spending a million pounds on him would be a huge gamble. He may well prove to be worth an asset on the balance sheet but it is a lot of money to spend and IMO it is too much. I don't agree that his value will almost definitely stay the same or increase. If he doesn't show the form he showed in that one spell again we could be left out of pocket.

Secondly, Temps is available for (quote Sergejus Fedotovas) "around a million pounds" and Leeds are courting him at this very minute. They've sold Snodgrass and are looking for a replacement. To be honest I don't think we will even get a million because it is a buyers market and that's another reason why Reading need to be more realistic with Antonio. Leeds have been watching Temps for a while, they were at the Hearts v Rotherham game like myself (I'm a Hearts fan) but as of yet no offer has been made. Less than a million would be well beneath his true value but in this economic climate transfer fees will be reduced.

That is why I think Reading are taking the mick a bit. They're entitled to hold out for as much as they want but considering his CV I think they're being a bit unrealistic. Just my opinion.

Edited by edinburghowl

Guest kiltonowl

Firstly, Antonio has had one good spell for us that is all. I really like him, but spending a million pounds on him would be a huge gamble. He may well prove to be worth an asset on the balance sheet but it is a lot of money to spend and IMO it is too much. I don't agree that his value will almost definitely stay the same or increase. If he doesn't show the form he showed in that one spell again we could be left out of pocket.

Secondly, Temps is available for (quote Sergejus Fedotovas) "around a million pounds" and Leeds are courting him at this very minute. They've sold Snodgrass and are looking for a replacement. To be honest I don't think we will even get a million because it is a buyers market and that's another reason why Reading need to be more realistic with Antonio. Leeds have been watching Temps for a while, they were at the Hearts v Rotherham game like myself (I'm a Hearts fan) but as of yet no offer has been made. Less than a million would be well beneath his true value but in this economic climate transfer fees will be reduced.

That is why I think Reading are taking the mick a bit. They're entitled to hold out for as much as they want but considering his CV I think they're being a bit unrealistic. Just my opinion.

Reading dont need to be realistic because they are happy to keep him and he is under contract. if they're moving the goal posts thats a different matter but if they have put a valuation on him its their prerogative to hold out for it. Just like you would if you were selling a property.

My issue is..... Imagine if we not had bostock last year, and we were now looking to but him for £500k instead of forking out for Antonio, most fans would be reasonably happy given his reputation. It might not be bostock but why risk spening £500k on a player that might not work out, nothings guaranteed, at least we know what we're getting with Antonio. He reminds me of Victor Moses and look how much he's going for.

For everyone saying sub £700k because he is unproven in the Championship....If someone cam in for Semedo or Madine (both unproven in Championship)....what would you want for either of them?

Semedo has not only played in championship, he's expiernced premiership

He was at charlton for a good few years remember

Just to play devils advocate. To those saying he was too good for L1 so he's good enough for the Championship. I give you Chedwyn Evans. Like it or not he was too good for the championship and based on that season alone most clubs would have happily paid a couple of million for him. But we all know he consistantly failed at Championship level.

Now I'm not doubting that Antonio can cut it at Championship level and hopefully he'll sign for us and show us that he can. But I'd be very reluctant to gamble with my 1 million quid