Your Antonio valuation

I've always thought that the value of Antonio to Reading isn't really that important - its the value of him to us, the buying club, that matters.

The fact he will be in the last year of his contract or whether he is proven at Championship level is irrelevant - we know exactly how good he is, how much we need a quick winger and how much 'value' he would be to us if he helped us make it back to the riches of the Premiership.

So, for me, he is worth 1 mil. Same as what Marshall went for.

Read this after I had posted - spot on!

This whole saga shows Reading up to be c*nts

£400k is maximum tbh and £1 million is laughable.

Where is your logic, why is he only worth £400k? He will go for far more than that - I hope it doesnt end up being a price we cant afford as I am sure Reading are partly drawing it out to alert other clubs and get as much as they can.

Explosive and productive player.

Home grown player.

Great attitude.

Young.

Physically reliable.

But in last year of contract and not going to be included in EPL squad.

My answer is:-

�750k guaranteed paid �250k now then two more payments to be made on anniversary of the deal.

�500k if promoted to EPL.

�250k if wins England cap.

�100k per 50 appearances limited to 100 appearances

10% sell on.

This therefore is a "�1.7m deal plus sell-on clause".

Regards

Lee

My opinion....

1 million tops! sod the add-ons..

Jones will find an able replacement who will probably end up being even better than Antonio. He will become a distant memory like the fella who signed for Leicester instead of us.

Marshall in my opinion is a more rounded player, but we did very well to find a replacement like Antonio but I think we would be very lucky to do it 3 times in a row, finding the right player isn't as easy as that no matter how good our Manager is.

Guest justcraig

What's he worth eh? Well is he the final

Piece of the jigsaw? Is he the difference between mid table obscurity and play off challengers? If so then he's worth £1m isn't he? You can't pay more simply for the fact he's in his last year, **** this rubbish about unproven! I saw enough last season to know this lad can be prolific at this level!

I don't see many clubs rushing to buy him at Readings valuation, I can see him starring for reading reserves this coming season. We've offered a more than fair price for him, if It aint good enough then move on, shame.....but poo happens !!

Guest kiltonowl

For everyone saying sub £700k because he is unproven in the Championship....If someone cam in for Semedo or Madine (both unproven in Championship)....what would you want for either of them?

For everyone saying sub £700k because he is unproven in the Championship....If someone cam in for Semedo or Madine (both unproven in Championship)....what would you want for either of them?

I honestly think Semedo would be 500k ish, Madine maybe a million

Guest Darth Sturrock

When have you ever been involved in a transfer? Leave this down to the pro's. £750k single payment. Nowt else.

Regards

Juror

A bit harsh that mate, he's entitled to an opinion just like the rest of us. There's no need to have a little dig is there, really.........

We keep saying he's not proven at this level but we all must have a pretty good idea cos we've had him "on approval" for 14 games albeit in a lower league and I bet most of us have a decent eye for a player. If the deal fell through now I'm not too sure we could just move on and pick up somebody else who would have to be another unproven winger for a modest fee or a proven one who I would suggest might cost around the million mark and still might be a flop with us. Then there's always loans again but whatever, if we don't have a winger ripping up the opposition and causing everyone to stand up when he gets the ball it'll be a massive disappointment.