Your Antonio valuation

Can't believe your all turning on Antonio

We saw enough last season with our own eyes flip your stats he's way above league 1 level

Wots the next level championship and he will easy be good enough..

Nobodys turning on Antonio. We would all love to see him here. As others have pointed out he could be going for free in January and if they want a million for him there are other players out there worth considering. That's all. Milan is a business man. He's certainly no mug.

Edited by H2Owl

Guest Big Guns

Saying he's unproven at championshio level is slagging him off

He's way too good for league 1 there's nowt in-between flippingstatos....

£400-500k would be a fair deal for someone with 11 months left on their contract.

All about the level of interest and just how much Dave Jones wants him.

Reading are getting increasingly vocal in the process so i'm presuming they've had a number of enquiries.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

That is not slagging him off, more an argument to show Reading why he is not worth what they want!

Being too good for League 1 doesn't instantly mean top level championship player worth a million quid though.

He was brilliant for the most part there's no denying that, but lets not pretend he didnt have bad games in league 1 aswell, because he certainly did, he was turd away at Huddersfield.

Nobody on here is suggesting he can't play in the championship, but the money Reading are asking for, for a player who never has done it at this level, is a gamble, it's a gamble I would personally like to see us take, but one I can understand the club being reluctant to do.

Edited by leea8331

We're a victim of our own success with Antonio. The more we talk about him, the more Reading take a closer look....and nudge his price up

We did it with Adam Le Fondre & Ben Marshall.

Mandaric has shown, he goe's in LOW BIDS, so other chairman's know to reject & wait.......in our case, it'll be until Blackburn come in with a 1m bid.

I'd pay £1m for him, if we paid £750k for Madine and £700k for f*cking Jeffers!!!? surely he's worth £1m in the grand scheme of things!

Just because we made a mistake with Jeffers doesn't mean we should make a mistake again and pay over the odds for a player.

No evidence for this at all but is there a chance that fans over 30 are the ones that want us to be cautious with money having seen us throw cash away before and fans under 30 are the ones wanting us to gamble on players?

Of all the teams in world we should be one of those whose fan base knows the risk of paying over the odds for players and wages. Careless, over ambitious chairmen nearly cost us our club. I for one am delighted that Milan Mandaric is refusing to go down that same route.

We're a victim of our own success with Antonio. The more we talk about him, the more Reading take a closer look....and nudge his price up

We did it with Adam Le Fondre & Ben Marshall.

Mandaric has shown, he goe's in LOW BIDS, so other chairman's know to reject & wait.......in our case, it'll be until Blackburn come in with a 1m bid.

Blackburn spent their budget on Best and he's crocked for half the season. More proof that spending money does not guarantee success. Organisation, form and team spirit got Reading promoted, splashing the cash got Leicester nowhere.

Guest bensonowl

400k-600k no more no less, although Antonio is good, there is no point paying over, when he might flop at this level, don't get me wrong I'd like to see him here again, but we can get players who have proven themselves at this level and maybe the next for a little bit more. If we don't get him, Jones will bring in somebody as good or better.

Guest OxtonOwl

I'm with BG the thing is everyone is saying that £1m is too much but at the end of the day, if another club are also bidding it's gonna turn into a Marshall situation and if we don't get Antonio I'm pretty sure everybody saying that he's overvalued will be fuming along with most fans at the club why can't we just pay the money and move on its been going on for long enough or just leave it and look elsewhere..forget his stats £1m isnt too much for a player that may be unproven but I'm pretty sure everyone realistically thinks he can cut it at championship level?

Guest MrsGoggins

Talent like Antonio is worth a million with add ons. He's raw but well worth the gamble, if we don't have pace in the side next season we will struggle just like we did when BM left last season. You can sign mediocre all day long but if we are looking for a top 10 finish this is the type of player we will need.

Edited by MrsGoggins

Young English player in the last year of his contract, unproven at this level I would say £600k max using my head. Based on his contribution last year and our lack of options I would say £800k max based on my heart and frankly at that I think we would have paid over the odds.

Bottom line is if MM thinks he is a good deal he will be here for the start of the season, if not I am sure he will fund a replacement of suitable quality.

Guest Big Guns

Sense at last...

[quote name=Big

Guns' timestamp='1343751663' post='3858662]

Sense at last...

Edited by Big Guns