Wednesday to finish 17th

Guest MrsGoggins

Whos fault was that, Milans?

Going on the evening with GM yes, MM has a major say on which players the manager has at his disposal

All bad signings then?

BTW remember when we bought Sheridan from Forest? (lone?) he couldn't get into their side too

Nor Megson a few years earlier, failed miserably on the cement test!

Several signings last season were shocking, COG and Mike Jones for starters.

Really, without COG's goals in the derby games alone, United would have finished 4 points clear of us!

Guest Sniper1

I give up.

Not sure on what you are giving up on.

You mentioned the last 15 years, does that mean we have to now accept a relegation scrap.

We were told we were going for it again this season, what signs have you seen that this is the case?

Every signing we have made as question marks over it.

We wont pay what Reading want for Antonio, thats fine but its not the first time is it, Le Fondre, Marshall.

I thought it would be different after promotion because of the step up, same poo .

Not sure on what you are giving up on.

You mentioned the last 15 years, does that mean we have to now accept a relegation scrap.

We were told we were going for it again this season, what signs have you seen that this is the case?

Every signing we have made as question marks over it.

We wont pay what Reading want for Antonio, thats fine but its not the first time is it, Le Fondre, Marshall.

I thought it would be different after promotion because of the step up, same poo .

So you expect us to sign a crocked Leon Best for 3m? (I know he was okay at the time)

How about paying the wages that Wolves, Blackburn and Bolton will be then?

The players we have brought in I'm happy with on top of the side we finished with last year, safe in the knowledge that others are coming, Antonio is still looking good.

Lets make sure we don't go the same route that kept us down for 15 years first before we try to run before walking eh?

Chillax ffs,and have flipping faith.....

Guest MrsGoggins

Really, without COG's goals in the derby games alone, United would have finished 4 points clear of us!

And had the pigs not had their star striker jailed we could be where they are now.

Sniper is right. MM stated we were going for it this season. I am no expert, I cannot see the current squad "going for it".

I know there is time before the season starts but that time is getting shorter and players need to blend together. I hope I am wrong, but unless we get a couple of quality players, we will struggle.

Guest Sniper1

I was led to believe that the loanees were the priority this summer.

Which would have then put us on a par with the end of last season.

Ranger, i wasn't too fussed about but the longer we go on without signing a striker then the better option he is becoming.

Treacy and Batth we have given up on.

Antonio might still sign but im getting f'kin threaders with it dragging on, either pay the f'kin money or leave it alone.

Im looking at the Oldham game and thinking f'k me, Mike Jones and JJ on the wings, Oldham will be bricking it. :ph34r:

Either i am doing a disservice to our squad of last season or im giving the Championship too much respect.

Because at the moment im sitting here and f'kin dreading it.

Our squad is weaker that last season, i can't see behond that at the moment.

And had the pigs not had their star striker jailed we could be where they are now.

No offence but I'll trust in DJ & MM's judgement not yours. The club has moved forward leaps and bounds in the last 18 months yet all people can do is moan.

There is not likely to be major activity until the Premier Leagues squads are finalised and then there will be a flurry of moves as Premier fringe players find alternative clubs (be it on loan or permanent).

An awful lot of people on here are getting their knickers in a twist before things take their final shape. Also, big names do not make a team, it is how the different components work together that matters.

Edited by Utah Owl

In all a pretty good set of predictions. Obviously got Wolves hopelessly wrong and underestimated Watford, but I think most would've got those wrong. But he got most teams relatively accurately. Much better than I would have done to be honest.