The OFFICAL Owlstalk cycling thread

Burnsie

2 minutes ago, ``` said:

It was incredible... but I'm still carrying a lot of pain for Yates from that race.

Yates was like a kid in a sweetshop in that race; simply going for everything. If he'd raced with his head rather than his heart over the previous two weeks then he could well have held on.

But I've never seen a top pro totally blow like Yates did that day and Pinot repeated it the following day in even more spectacular style.

I remember watching that sneakily at work and the overriding thought I had was about Yates completely collapsing. It was only about halfway through Froome's break that I realised what was actually happening and how incredible it was.

One of the great solo rides. 

An utterly compelling stage.

Hurt my back 3 weeks ago.

Managed my first ride since then, today. 

Bit sore now but fine on the bike, so baby steps now and try and avoid my normal recovery method of 0 to 100% as quickly as possible.

Windy as f@ck out there.

On 28/11/2021 at 18:37, ``` said:

Froze me toes today.

What overshoes are people wearing?

dhb extreme weather seem cheap but with decent write ups?

Any other suggestions?

Never worn overshoes - but had some DHB socks 6-7 years ago and they were fine. Best ones I had were a Campagnolo thermal. Were a bit pricey but toasty. 

5 minutes ago, owlsfan_72 said:

Never worn overshoes - but had some DHB socks 6-7 years ago and they were fine. Best ones I had were a Campagnolo thermal. Were a bit pricey but toasty. 

I've never bothered before, but am trying to get out more in winter.

Was wearing merino socks with Dexshell insulated waterproof socks over the top and couldn't feel anything within half an hour.

Took a punt on the dhb overshoes so will see if they make a difference.

Edited by ```