The OFFICAL Owlstalk cycling thread

Burnsie

Not looking back through thread.

Does anyone on here have an e-bike ?

I have a hardtail Cube MTB but my legs are giving up on me, so I have gone in with entry level E-MTB.

Ive been called a cheat etc , but the decision as to whether you turn assist on is in your control.   I have done more cycling in the last month than i did in 2 years on the Cube.

I try to refrain from turning assist on wherever possible, but the fact its there has opened up all sorts of possibilites to me, considering routes I would never have entertained on the Cube.

On 27/09/2021 at 22:30, ``` said:

What a race the mens world roads was.

Incredible.

Alaphillipe is just something else.

That course and the race were both ideally suited to him. Tough, but not mountainous, course, frenetic pace and a team totally devoted to him.

He just seems to have that extra level of power which he can turn on repeatedly and which no one else has. Brilliant ride.

No words.

I think all of us would jump at the chance of riding a Monument course... no way would I have got on a bike today.

Also you'd feel for Moscon if it wasn't for the fact... well it was Moscon.

On 04/10/2021 at 19:41, ``` said:

Remco's race I reckon after today.

Got that a bit wrong.

Pog just seemed a step ahead of the other big names.

Not sure what Jumbo Visma were doing at the end, guess it was just inficative of Roglic being on an off day.

On 21/09/2021 at 14:22, Vaughan said:

Not looking back through thread.

Does anyone on here have an e-bike ?

I have a hardtail Cube MTB but my legs are giving up on me, so I have gone in with entry level E-MTB.

Ive been called a cheat etc , but the decision as to whether you turn assist on is in your control.   I have done more cycling in the last month than i did in 2 years on the Cube.

I try to refrain from turning assist on wherever possible, but the fact its there has opened up all sorts of possibilites to me, considering routes I would never have entertained on the Cube.

Don’t worry loads of pros are using them these days in races such as the Tour de France etc lol 

5 hours ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

Came across this.

https://livecycling.net/giro-ditalia-2018-stage-19-full-broadcast/

I remember watching this live and it still represents the most incredible three hours plus of cycling I've ever watched. As it's likely to be very much his swansong it wasn't a bad way to go.

It was incredible... but I'm still carrying a lot of pain for Yates from that race.