East Midlands Owls Affiliation

I launched EMO with the aid of Sam, Iain and Ed. Wednesdayite offered to help promote our supporters group and that is it.

Their membership packages goes to Smile, the Wednesday academy, the Wednesday community project. Any money that comes back to East Midlands Owls goes to the supporters club towards things like, player of the season trophy, a mini bus (long term), sponsoring a player, setting up merchandise.

There is only one team in the world for me and that is Wednesday, we have worked hard to make this work, we don't want any thanks, we just want to help people out.

Thank you.

And you should be rightly proud

Yes.

We have a few members registered from there already. Please feel free to join our forum and/or register your email with us to receive updates ahead of moving into the area.

We'll help you in whatever way we can.

Cheers buddy I'll join in the next week or so when things are firmed up, I shift work so I'm away every other weekend until I become a divvy at the end of the year!

Cheers buddy I'll join in the next week or so when things are firmed up, I shift work so I'm away every other weekend until I become a divvy at the end of the year!

Myself and Woz1867 (John) are both in the military, it'd be good for you to complete the trio. Although I'm in the RAF and John is one of them nasty Army types.

I think the problem is that I do know them and just giving them some pointers based on my experiences with WTID 2 years ago. I have no real interest in supporters groups these days (WTID is defunct and became so once MM thankfully took over), just wished we had one without baggage. I know what Grandad is trying to achieve and HE has my support, he just needs to be left to get on with it. Sam and EMO have my total support

You talk some right poo , Are your ancestors luddites or related to Dave allen ?

What exactly is your promble ?

Guest Deleted member

I was at Tramlines in Sheffield this afternoon, and I was introduced to a couple who live and work in the city, but come from Manchester and Liverpool.

We got chatting about football (as you do) and my friend mentioned Wednesdayite - because he has a nomination for Smile next season. I started explaining how we have a brilliant base to work from financially for Smile next season mainly due to Trevs wonderful prints.

The girl who I'd been introduced to used to work for Manchester United. She now works for a charity based in Rotherham that raises money to send children with disabilities on tall ships to help them with personal development. She was extremely interested in the scheme - and when I told her that yes - of course - the children that she works with would be eligible for the receipt of Smile tickets her eyes filled up - she was absolutely delighted. She was really excited and enthusiastic about bringing the children along to a game next year.

Smile - for me - is one of the very best things about Wednesdayite.

It enables fans to help disadvantaged fans to attend Hillsborough and experience what many of us take for granted. And if just one of those fans becomes a lifelong fan as a result of Smile - it will be worth every last drop of effort that goes into it. JUST ONE. Becasue that one fan who attends may well have a family of his own in years to come, and that family may well have children too... How many of us are Wednesday fans because of family influences?

It really saddens me that there are still people out there who keep on repeating the same mantra over and over. Everyone at Wednesdayite - be it on the committee or a member - has the best interests of our club, the fans and the community at heart. Wednesdayite were targetted by Dave Allen not because of what happened with Ken Bates - which all took place under an entirely different set of directors of Wednesdayite - no - he took Wednesdayite on (in my opinion) because he wanted the shares and zero accountability to supporters for what he wanted to do to our club.

We have that position now. Thankfully with a man who has the resource and depth of football knowledge to take our club forward. Dave Allen is long gone now. And our club is better for it. Somebody - ANYBODY - tell me that is wrong.

Edited by Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

Oh - slightly sidetracked - the girl who had worked at Manchester United knows for a fact that they don't run anything like Smile - and she says we should be really proud of the scheme. I agree with her. Wholeheartedly.

I was at Tramlines in Sheffield this afternoon, and I was introduced to a couple who live and work in the city, but come from Manchester and Liverpool.

We got chatting about football (as you do) and my friend mentioned Wednesdayite - because he has a nomination for Smile next season. I started explaining how we have a brilliant base to work from financially for Smile next season mainly due to Trevs wonderful prints.

The girl who I'd been introduced to used to work for Manchester United. She now works for a charity based in Rotherham that raises money to send children with disabilities on tall ships to help them with personal development. She was extremely interested in the scheme - and when I told her that yes - of course - the children that she works with would be eligible for the receipt of Smile tickets her eyes filled up - she was absolutely delighted. She was really excited and enthusiastic about bringing the children along to a game next year.

Smile - for me - is one of the very best things about Wednesdayite.

It enables fans to help disadvantaged fans to attend Hillsborough and experience what many of us take for granted. And if just one of those fans becomes a lifelong fan as a result of Smile - it will be worth every last drop of effort that goes into it. JUST ONE. Becasue that one fan who attends may well have a family of his own in years to come, and that family may well have children too... How many of us are Wednesday fans because of family influences?

It really saddens me that there are still people out there who keep on repeating the same mantra over and over. Everyone at Wednesdayite - be it on the committee or a member - has the best interests of our club, the fans and the community at heart. Wednesdayite were targetted by Dave Allen not because of what happened with Ken Bates - which all took place under an entirely different set of directors of Wednesdayite - no - he took Wednesdayite on (in my opinion) because he wanted the shares and zero accountability to supporters for what he wanted to do to our club.

We have that position now. Thankfully with a man who has the resource and depth of football knowledge to take our club forward. Dave Allen is long gone now. And our club is better for it. Somebody - ANYBODY - tell me that is wrong.

Luckily Sam has more sense to get involved with that lot

Classy

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, the school ground style attacks on mk is frankly a bit embarrassing.

Guest Deleted member

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, the school ground style attacks on mk is frankly a bit embarrassing.

And his attacks entirely justified. OK.

Guest Deleted member

From what I have seen from the edges of this affliation process, there hasn't been any attempt by Wednesdayite to take over, dominate or influence what you guys in the East Midlands are trying to do. Nor do I think there will be.

We at Wednesdayite have been listening to what people have been saying and for the last couple of years we have been trying to work out how we could get best help local groups of Wednesday fans to get their own communities established. If any of you saw the presentation which Eddie showed last year, you will have seen that this was part of the way forward which we had been asked to develop by our members and others outside the organisation.

It really is sad to see upset being created unnecessarily for a group of fans who are working hard to help their local colleagues. They, and otherslike them in different areas, are doing what they can to put into practice the very things which fans have been asking for.

The aim surely, is to create a federation not an empire. Far from increasing Wednesdayite's control 'by the back door', if successful it will allow more fans, local and distant, to be influential and develop their own groups in their own way and then influence the way Wednesdayite (and other groups) work.

Thankfully, it seems that those who still want to maintain the splits, fragmentation and antagonisms are getting fewer in number.

These days, WAWAW is more than just an acronym.

John G

I was going to delete some of this and concentrate on the section I highlighted in BOLD - but to be honest it completely sums up the approach. Back in the day - the Supporters Club had many localised branches - and pretty much all of them had different ways of doing things, different approaches, their own members etc etc. What we are doing at Wednesdayite is trying to facilitate the launch of as many localised groups as is deemed necessary. We are happy to affiliate those local groups as they wish - which means that if a member of said group wishes to join Wednesdayite and benefit from Wednesdayite membership (discounted away travel, car park, events etc etc) they can - and the localised group will receive some cash back for every member that joins. That will help (as has already been pointed out) the local group with running costs, travel, flags (we'd love to see a permanent flag for every local group in the ground for instance) etc etc etc.

Its not about us dictating or having control - its about us creating collectively a wider group of fans who have their own identity. We have also said - any local group who provide Wednesdayite with 50 members should have their own member on the Wednesdayite Board which means they really can influence the direction of the fans group - and we are ready (and very willing) to change our rules in order to facilitate that (current rules allow for a maximum of 12 board members).

I think the problem is that I do know them and just giving them some pointers based on my experiences with WTID 2 years ago. I have no real interest in supporters groups these days (WTID is defunct and became so once MM thankfully took over), just wished we had one without baggage. I know what Grandad is trying to achieve and HE has my support, he just needs to be left to get on with it. Sam and EMO have my total support

I really must address this post. MK - you are basing your entire opinion on your own experiences 2 years ago - when things didn't go exactly the way you wanted. Unfortunately thats the way in a democratic organisation - things don't always go entirely my way either and I'm just about managing to cope with that lol

However - your last sentence which implies support for ME and what I'm trying to achieve is actually quite wrong - and borderline offensive to everyone on the Wednesdayite Board. WE are COLLECTIVELY all aiming for the same thing and working our kahuna's off to deliver it. There isn't a single Wednesdayite director who doesn't share that aim and they have worked so hard over the summer to deliver next seasons membership package, giving up hours of spare time to put together what we have.

If anyone has a VALID reason why they refuse to join Wednesdayite I will absolutely listen (for hours) if necessary. But I'm really sorry - what happened 2 years ago (or even further back) has little or no bearing on the Wednesdayite of today and the future. You are entitled to your opinion - and I'm entitled to respond to it.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

I refuse to join because it is of little significance or benefit to me, is that valid enough reason for you?

Guest BirdonaMaguire

And his attacks entirely justified. OK.

Far from it but the collective bullying isn't either.

Guest Deleted member

How is it bullying? I think you are over reacting?

Its not bullying if more than one person disagrees with you.

Guest Deleted member

I refuse to join because it is of little significance or benefit to me, is that valid enough reason for you?

Yes thats absolutely valid. If donating to the clubs community activities and for people less fortunate than you are to attend the games, receive coaching in schools etc etc aren't your bag - I'm absolutely on board with that. We can't and won't cater for everybodies tastes obviously.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Yes thats absolutely valid. If donating to the clubs community activities and for people less fortunate than you are to attend the games, receive coaching in schools etc etc aren't your bag - I'm absolutely on board with that. We can't and won't cater for everybodies tastes obviously.

If I want to be involved in that I'd donate cash direct rather than be a member of a group I've little time for.

I refuse to join because the name still irks with me and many others.

I appreciate the efforts you and others put in and the group is significantly better than it was 3 years back.

How is it bullying? I think you are over reacting?

Its not bullying if more than one person disagrees with you.

You lot hunt in packs and you know it.