East Midlands Owls Affiliation

Don't be like that MK.

Put simply; anyone joining Wednesdayite via our link/stating they're an East Midland Owl will mean we get £2.50

It doesn't mean you have to be a member of Wednesdayite to join Eastmidlandsowls - I'm not and have no plans to be.

It's just Wednesdayite's way of assisting us and our way of broadening our connections.

It's a win/win for both and a no lose situation for those who do not wish to be a part of either supporters group.

Guest mkowl

Don't be like that MK.

Put simply; anyone joining Wednesdayite via our link/stating they're an East Midland Owl will mean we get £2.50

It doesn't mean you have to be a member of Wednesdayite to join Eastmidlandsowls - I'm not and have no plans to be.

It's just Wednesdayite's way of trying to gain control by the backdoor as they hate any other supporters group having influence

It's a no lose situation for them.

Amended for you Sam

Amended for you Sam

Not gonna happen MK. We are an independent supporters group for Owls fans in the East Midlands. This affiliation will have a positive effect for both groups, but we remain independent. Have you signed up on our website? You could cut your travel in half by joining us!

But he'll accept my money

You should take it up with Wednesdayite what happens with your money.

Please don't derail what should be a good thing for both supporters group.

People know where the money is going, if they use our link/mention us then they know we'll get £2.50 - if they don't, we won't.

Again this was suppose to be a positive announcement for both supporters groups.

WAWAW?

BTW Reading - Wednesdayite offered this to us, we didn't ask for anything. Neither did we haggle for that matter.

2 or 3 of the 4 of us (founders or whatever you want to call us) have signed up to Wednesdayite. I think by not all of us doing so shows our members that you will be treated no different either way.

BTW Reading - Wednesdayite offered this to us, we didn't ask for anything. Neither did we haggle for that matter.

2 or 3 of the 4 of us (founders or whatever you want to call us) have signed up to Wednesdayite. I think by not all of us doing so shows our members that you will be treated no different either way.

I havnt signed up to Wednesdayite. I'm happy with the affiliation but my personal choice is to not sign up myself. All my time and efforts, and a bit of money too, has been going into EMO. I'm proud of what we have achieved to date with EMO and look forward to growing and getting bigger and better as we move forward. It is everyones individual choice if they want to join Wednesdayite, the affiliation has no bearing on what we are trying to achieve but could bring in some good connections and extra funds. Myself, John,Sam and Ed have worked very hard to date to get us off the ground. We are a committee of 4 with no chairman and welcome other committee members who feel they can help us move forward.

East Midlands Owls is a supporters club run by supporters for supporters. Thats it in and nut shell.

Edited by 1884Owl

Please don't derail what should be a good thing for both supporters group.

I have no intention of derailing anything.

You made the statement and premise (no intention of joining).

Another poster made unreasonable comments about the organisation IMO.

And yes, I will take it up with Wednesdayite.

You made the statement and premise (no intention of joining).

Whilst it may have sounded a bit brash on my behalf, I meant it in such a way to show people that by not joining, it would not have an adverse affect on their membership with us.

From what I have seen from the edges of this affliation process, there hasn't been any attempt by Wednesdayite to take over, dominate or influence what you guys in the East Midlands are trying to do. Nor do I think there will be.

We at Wednesdayite have been listening to what people have been saying and for the last couple of years we have been trying to work out how we could get best help local groups of Wednesday fans to get their own communities established. If any of you saw the presentation which Eddie showed last year, you will have seen that this was part of the way forward which we had been asked to develop by our members and others outside the organisation.

It really is sad to see upset being created unnecessarily for a group of fans who are working hard to help their local colleagues. They, and otherslike them in different areas, are doing what they can to put into practice the very things which fans have been asking for.

The aim surely, is to create a federation not an empire. Far from increasing Wednesdayite's control 'by the back door', if successful it will allow more fans, local and distant, to be influential and develop their own groups in their own way and then influence the way Wednesdayite (and other groups) work.

Thankfully, it seems that those who still want to maintain the splits, fragmentation and antagonisms are getting fewer in number.

These days, WAWAW is more than just an acronym.

John G