owls in west yorkshire

Guest pwilkysowls

Guest pwilkysowls

i live in ossett ive followed my beloved sheffield wednesday since 1970.

just curious to know of any other wednesday fans close by i know a couple but im sure theres more!

Guest Wakeyowl1987

I'm from Wakefield, currently live on Aberford Road. I've followed the Owls as long as I can Remember :-)

Live in rothwell now opposite the angle pub which is covered in leeds memorabilia so imagine what it is like for me going in there.used to be in ls1 so imagine what it was like the season we got relegated and they got promoted. Hate the dirty illegitimates and hang my scarf out of window when we win. Buzzing about the leeds game this year

Guest Area 39

I've been an Owl in Exile for a year now...I'm down in Earlsheaton..Wakey Road area!

Like walking around the area in my "If you do'nt F***ing Bounce" T-Shirt coutesy of his High Lordship Neil of Hargreaves!

Jay

Guest Area 39

Live in rothwell now opposite the angle pub which is covered in leeds memorabilia so imagine what it is like for me going in there.used to be in ls1 so imagine what it was like the season we got relegated and they got promoted. Hate the dirty illegitimates and hang my scarf out of window when we win. Buzzing about the leeds game this year

I worked in Rothwell 2 weeks ago!

Raised by my Step Dad im a Wednesdayite whos Leeds born and bred, most my mates and family are Leeds fans but ive been raised well. When we play them it gets a bit tense.

Live in Gildersome which is next to Morley

Edited by rob_owl_92

Originally from Pontefract, brother is a massive Leeds fan who used to go home & away 70's/80's/90's but it wasn't for me. Went to Hillsborough with some mates in 86 and that was it hooked for ever.

Now live in Birstall about a mile from the Ikea, and looking at this thread not too far away from rob_owl_92 :biggrin:

Originally from Pontefract, brother is a massive Leeds fan who used to go home & away 70's/80's/90's but it wasn't for me. Went to Hillsborough with some mates in 86 and that was it hooked for ever.

Now live in Birstall about a mile from the Ikea, and looking at this thread not too far away from rob_owl_92 :biggrin:

Not far at all mate, infact im off to Batley sports centre to play footy in a couple of hours.

If you see someone in the black away shirt we had a couple of seasons ago that'll be me :biggrin:

Live in Cottingley in Leeds and have done for about 9 years now. I don't have anything against Leeds - I have mellowed about them since I moved here and I think the reasons are:

- Leeds fans I meet tend not to have any animosity towards Wednesday (and a few really, really dislike the Pigs).

- Seeing what they have been through since relegation from the Premiership - similar stuff to us - is just something that inspires empathy.

- I had the impression Leeds was basically a hooligan club but while that may have been true 30 years ago their fanbase seems no more or less affected by that disease than any other big club, ours included.

Guest baildonowl

Sheffield born and bred. lived in Newark for 5 years, now coming to live in Baildon, West Yorkshire.

Edited by baildonowl

Live in Cottingley in Leeds and have done for about 9 years now. I don't have anything against Leeds - I have mellowed about them since I moved here and I think the reasons are:

- Leeds fans I meet tend not to have any animosity towards Wednesday (and a few really, really dislike the Pigs).

- Seeing what they have been through since relegation from the Premiership - similar stuff to us - is just something that inspires empathy.

- I had the impression Leeds was basically a hooligan club but while that may have been true 30 years ago their fanbase seems no more or less affected by that disease than any other big club, ours included.

Thats the same with my leeds mates, the ones i know don't really dislike us even though they enjoy beating us.. The banter with them is always good and as you said, they hate the pigs a lot more than they hate us.