Madine in court in just over an hour?

Dan Johnson @DanJohnsonNews

Sheffield Wednesday player Gary Madine's assault case delayed, defence want it moved to a different city to ensure he gets a fair trial

That doesn't sound to good to be honest. Just fill the jury with Wednesdayites lol But seriously tho, surley any bias from blunts on a jury would be balanced out by Wednesday fans. All they have to do is get non football fans

News from court.

Me and the lads are being told there's going to be a slight delay as the defence counsel want to talk to the judge about summat.

Baz has brought some mini pork pies, Jeff has brought in one of his wife's quiches. It's going to be a good day.

Dan Johnson ‏@DanJohnsonNews

Sheffield Wednesday player Gary Madine's assault case delayed, defence want it moved to a different city to ensure he gets a fair trial

That doesn't sound to good to be honest. Just fill the jury with Wednesdayites lol But seriously tho, surley any bias from blunts on a jury would be balanced out by Wednesday fans. All they have to do is get non football fans

Sounds fair enough to me and a good move by the defence, he probably wouldn't get a fair trail in Sheffield.

Not overly surprised by this- thinking back to the Ched Evans case, didn't they have to pick a jury about 3 or 4 times before they could actually get one together? And that was in a totally different area to Sheffield as well, so the chance of the jury being prejudiced one way or another would be much lower there too.

Dan Johnson's job description looks interesting on twitter.

He does stabbings and fires for BBC Radio Sheffield and Look North. Interesting way to divvy up job responsibilities.

I wonder which of his colleagues does litter dropping and smoking violations in non-smoking zones

Guest Deleted member

This is quite common.

My legal case with the club was moved to London to ensure a non-biased jury