Ricardo Fuller

Guest 1863Stoke

Is that a joke?

Why are Stoke a smallish club?

They have a decent past and their current support certainly isn't small.

What makes you think we would average better support over 3 seasons in the premiership?

Wednesday have potential to attract occasional big crowds but 27,000 ain't bad in my book.

27,000 is both their average AND (just about) their maximum IE/ not much potential for growth

I heard Etherington was leaving too. Liverpool is his destination.

I don't get the sudden Stoke bashing on here tho. I thought we liked Stoke last year, it's not their fault that Marshall chose Leicester, although the OP does seem a bit of a nob. I think they'll get their usual mid table finish next year

No ones Stoke bashing, the OP registers, comes on and puts stuff like 'Fuller is coming to you nailed on' 'We nicked Whelan from you' ' we dumped Buxton on you'.

Isn't going to win him many mates, as for Stoke as a club, never had a problem with them, used to drink in the PowerLeague with many of them during my trips to the Brit, decent fans,but you would expect a bit of Stoke bashing after the OP posts.

See you soon Stokieboy.

Is that a joke?

What makes you think we would average better support over 3 seasons in the premiership?

Wednesday have potential to attract occasional big crowds but 27,000 ain't bad in my book.

So you think Wednesday would only average 27,000 in the prem???

Are you avin a laff. :st2:

Is that a joke?

no joke mate ....smallish ground ,smallish support they are doing ok with prem bandwagon jumpers on board but as recently as 2006 they averaged 14k which lets be fair is smallish .they have only ever won 1 trophy (league cup) even barnsley have won better than that and there pretty small .......and your havin a laugh if you dont think we'll average over 27k when we get back to the prem .

no joke mate ....smallish ground ,smallish support they are doing ok with prem bandwagon jumpers on board but as recently as 2006 they averaged 14k which lets be fair is smallish .they have only ever won 1 trophy (league cup) even barnsley have won better than that and there pretty small .......and your havin a laugh if you dont think we'll average over 27k when we get back to the prem .

Agree with all of this apart from the last bit, I happen to think if we did get back into the Premiership we would average over 27k, I think we would see bumper sales on STs and we would see over 30k at Hillsboro' on a regular basis.

We would probably manage more than that, I'd say 29k ish, but i think anybody thinking we would get 35,000 every week might be a little surprised if we actually get there.

Yes we'd sell out against Man United like everybody does, but when Stoke themselves come down for example, do you really think it would be a full house?

As for Stoke being a small club with poo support as I've seen in this thread, that's not really true, they have decent, consistent support, a solid fan base and in fairness, one of the best chairmen in the PL, I dont like the stadium, but there are far worse clubs around.

I think some of us wear blue and white tinted spectacles.

We might be well over 27,000 in the first season but the averages will fall unless there is sustained success. It always happens.

Fair enough but we could only muster 15 to 16,000 for some games last season. We therefore, had 22,000 bandwagon jumpers against Wycombe, with many more in the wings.

There weren't 27000 there for the worst game of football I may ever have seen, a 0-0 in the League Cup in 1999. That was diabolical, Andy Booth missing what might be deemed a decent chance from five yards from a rebound off the keeper.

lol was at that game too, night match.

maybe i am in a minority but i don't rate fuller at all.

only been to stoke once, went there for a league cup match in the 1980s which wednesday won, i think stoke were first division and wednesday were 2nd division. it was a freezing cold night and i remember the home end having braziers lit for people to keep warm.