Ricardo Fuller

Guest 1863Stoke

I know Buxton was dreadful when he was at Stoke, in all honesty since his move here he has been great, and let me tell you Stokie, I can remember Whelan having many bad games for us too, but glad he's doing okay and in the top flight.

Incidentally I think Stoke will get relegated next year.

Remember when we used to sign the likes of Andy Hinchcliffe, Win Jonk, Francis Jeffers? ... I don't think anyone currently at the club does.

Anyway, as with Kirkland & Gardner, I'm sure Fuller would be a 'reyt signing IF he can stay fit' ... Just hope we don't get burned again, by playing this risky game in the transfer market

Guest 1863Stoke

Lewis Buxton has had 2 solid seasons with us. He's been Mr. Consistant.

And 500k for Whelan was a bargain but you've let Marshall go who's a lot more talented for only 1mil, that one might come back to haunt you.

Marshall was not good enough to get on our bench hence sending him out on loan to lower league clubs.He might well have done well in Div 1 but he was never going to get ahead of Pennant or Etherington.Jury is out on his Leicester career,can only really judge him when he performs in the premier league.I trust Pulis.

Guest 1863Stoke

I know Buxton was dreadful when he was at Stoke, in all honesty since his move here he has been great, and let me tell you Stokie, I can remember Whelan having many bad games for us too, but glad he's doing okay and in the top flight.

Incidentally I think Stoke will get relegated next year.

Well put a few quid on it,might help towards your 2013/14 Div 1 season ticket at Hillsboro.

Marshall was not good enough to get on our bench hence sending him out on loan to lower league clubs.He might well have done well in Div 1 but he was never going to get ahead of Pennant or Etherington.Jury is out on his Leicester career,can only really judge him when he performs in the premier league.I trust Pulis.

Funny that because most of you Stokies up till your promotion absolutely hated Pulis and even Coats, then all of a sudden you end your 3/4 year hatred for him.

I'd be careful what you wish for Stokie, you could easily fall into the third tier again and remain there for decades again like last time.

Well put a few quid on it,might help towards your 2013/14 Div 1 season ticket at Hillsboro.

Already have.

Already bought.

Edited by TaxiMark

That's fair enough, I wouldn't expect him to be pushing those two out the team this year but maybe another year loaned out to a Championship club would have been wiser for judging his potential. He'll be in the Premier League within 2 years.

Guest 1863Stoke

Stoke will be in and around the bottom 3 this year, the gulf in class between the top half and the bottom half is increasing by the day.

So is the gulf between the premiership clubs (like us) and the rest (like you).Financially you will never be able to compete with us ever again.Take a look at our club sponsors BET365 and how much money they are going to keep ploughing into us.Add into that the tv money.We can afford to spend £10.75 million on the likes of Crouch and not worry.

The Coates family love Stoke City and make so much money and love spending it on the club.Research our new training complex,a £4 million gift from Peter Coates.Yes a gift.

I think Stoke will struggle this year, especially when they haven't got much of a budget......

Much budget.....you have a clue what you just typed?????

Personally, I see Stoke as a model we should be following. As the OP has since said, they are financially sound and the only reason they finished as low as they did this season is due to European commitments (not that any SCFC fans will be complaining I'm sure lol) top 10 next season easily for me.

So is the gulf between the premiership clubs (like us) and the rest (like you).Financially you will never be able to compete with us ever again.Take a look at our club sponsors BET365 and how much money they are going to keep ploughing into us.Add into that the tv money.We can afford to spend £10.75 million on the likes of Crouch and not worry.

The Coates family love Stoke City and make so much money and love spending it on the club.Research our new training complex,a £4 million gift from Peter Coates.Yes a gift.

So what if you have money to spend? You can still be relegated and imo i think you'll be one of the teams who will possibly be relegated.

Stoke aren't going to be near the bottom 3. No chance and they have everything to be a decent team except for the youth as Pulis doesn't seem to want them.

I know a few stoke fans (live in stone) and one of them has been told by etherington that he is leaving this summer - apparently this is due to him being away from his family and the fans getting to him last season (not sure if it's true though).

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Stoke-City-Pulis-briefs-chairman-budget-concerns/story-15865602-detail/story.html