Norris Imminent

Guest GreenGoose

Guest Milan Mandaric - God

passed his medical apparently signing over weekend?!?!!

Where's this come from?

Guest londonowl1

passed his medical apparently signing over weekend?!?!!

really hope your right, this would be an amazing signing, top quality championship player.

My ipswich mates say he was there best player over a 3 year period

He's 31 years old not 45. He will get a two year contract and we will get two good years out of him.

He's just had the best season for goals in his career in a relegated team. This would be a real signing of intent. Good quality championship player. We are getting a nice blend of youth and experience.

Id be delighted with this one!

Guest londonowl1

Not my idea of an amazing signing but if its gonna happen, I suppose I need to get behind him

not sure why some people are negative about David Norris?? He is just what we need.

He is a far better player than Lines or Semedo...he is really good!! believe!!

Guest JonTheOwl66

:laugh: :laugh:

Guys, guys.. It's Friday. Calm it down.

How many games have you seen Norris play? How many games have you seen Maguire play?

Probably only a few. I'm not saying that if it does go through, Norris will be a bad signing. I've no idea. I'd never heard of him before we were linked with him this season.

If he comes in and improves us then great. I'll reserve judgement rather than claiming its a great signing. Remember Clinton Morrison?

:laugh: :laugh:

Guys, guys.. It's Friday. Calm it down.

How many games have you seen Norris play? How many games have you seen Maguire play?

Probably only a few. I'm not saying that if it does go through, Norris will be a bad signing. I've no idea. I'd never heard of him before we were linked with him this season.

If he comes in and improves us then great. I'll reserve judgement rather than claiming its a great signing. Remember Clinton Morrison?

Hate it when people use Clinton Morrison, Gary Teale etc. as examples

And how have you not heard of Norris before we'd been linked with him?!

Im expecting the 7 to be:

Regula

Norris

Antonio

Treacy

Koumas

Ranger

Harewood

When you combine them with the 5 weve already fetched in, then I would say thats a top summer of business.

Milan mentioned 12 players in all -

Kirkland

Bywater

Lee

Gardner

Beevers

Mattock

JJ

Maguire

Bennett

Lavery

Fletcher

Amado

lol

Guest JonTheOwl66

Maguire is a young lad who played in Scotland before a move to Derby county, where he barely played, before impressing at Portsmouth in a season where we weren't in The Championship.

Norris is an experienced player in his late 20's who has played at Championship level for a good number of years, has played against Sheffield Wednesday before and has been a part of English football for long enough that most football supporters will either have an idea about him or have seen him play before.

They're not even remotely the same situation. The harder you try the more of a boring dullard you sound like.

To me, the fact people are saying 'MAGUIRE IS JUST WHAT WE NEED, FANTASTIC SIGNING' and the fact some other people are saying 'NORRIS WOULD BE A GREAT ADDITION' suggests they're in a similar boat.

I never once compared their playing styles/who they'd played for. Its the fact some people go off alarming about how good this signing is when they've most likely not even seen them play.

Oh, and I do go to games. Season ticket holder. I go to as many away games as possible too. Yet another sweeping, moronic generalisation by the bum buddy gang on here.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Hate it when people use Clinton Morrison, Gary Teale etc. as examples

And how have you not heard of Norris before we'd been linked with him?!

Why?

And no idea. I've probably seen him play before, but he's never stood out or I've never noticed him.

Why?

And no idea. I've probably seen him play before, but he's never stood out or I've never noticed him.

Why? Because they were brought in by a poo pooe manager into the worst Wednesday team of all time and at the time we were scraping at the bottom of the barrel. Now we don't have to take the sh*tty freebies or the players no one wants.

Edited by EcclesallOwl

Guest JonTheOwl66

Why? Because they were brought in by a poo pooe manager into the worst Wednesday team of all time and at the time we were scraping at the bottom of the barrel. Now we don't have to take the sh*tty freebies or the players no one wants.

Fair enough, good point.

For all you know we might finish bottom next year and Norris a complete disaster. We'll see.

Good luck to him if he does sign though.