Owls linked with another center half, Richard Keogh

Guest intercity0wl

I think Beevers will get much more game time this season. We could do with a more pacey option there though since Batth is not coming back. Sad to say I think you are right about Jones, he'll be 4th in the pecking order at present and maybe even 5th if Reda isn't starting ahead of Mattock

Richard Keogh would be a quality signing for most Championship...he his better than R.Jones and one or two tother we have It would be a quality back line with a pairing out of Llera, Gardner & Keogh!! The question is...when are the midfielders and strikers going to arrive?

Guest wilyfox

Would be a cracking signing this one! Jones is the club captain and should remain as such.

Might be me being daft but I think Llera could cut it as a Central Midfielder (not that it would happen) !!!

:st2:

"SHEFFIELD Wednesday could be tracking Coventry City centre-half Richard Keogh."

We could be, but doesn't mean we are. If we don't get Batth, we'd be looking for another.

As said lazy journalism. Or perhaps not lazy, perhaps they have done a lot of work making a story out of nothing

I would much prefer Cranie tbh although I still think Keogh would be a good signing

Think Keogh was their standout performer last season; been a lot of interest from Championship in him. Though, from what I read, Cranie had one of his best seasons and is rebuilding his reputation. Also, I think, Cranie was/is out of contract.

I recommended him when he was available for free from Bristol City

He's been a hidden gem for ages and i'm shocked it took so long for him to be picked up

He's never a £3m player though

I watch out for him quite closely and was surprised to see him playing at fullback quite regularly - he did okay but is definitely a centre half.

He (Keogh) was quite good for Carlisle, looks a bit like Coughlan too lol.

What Cranie brings is a bit more pace though, which is always handy at CB. I'd always be wary of signing a defender from a relegated side but by all accounts these two have been pretty good but have been left unprotected by an inexperienced midfield.

Coventry quoted Cardiff £3m for Keogh (according to press in that area).

Not getting that. Likely to be closer £1m. Are we going to stretch to that for a CB? Not sure.

Leeds are meant to be putting a "substantial" bid in for him too.

Leeds are meant to be putting a "substantial" bid in for him too.

If they put him and Pearce together, though they'd have two centre halves from relegated sides, I think they'd have one of the best pairings in the division. Certainly wouldn't have as many calamities as last year.

I wouldn't be happy going into season with Gardner, Llera, Beevers and Jones. Jones has been shown to be out of his depth at this level; Beevers has hardly covered himself in glory in this div (though not just his fault) and so has something to prove; Llera's unproven in Champ; and obviously, there's the fitness issues over Gardner.

Really think we need one more real quality CB who we can rely on, in terms of playing and performance. And move Jones on. Think we'll regret it otherwise, and just end up having to do something similar in January.

If they put him and Pearce together, though they'd have two centre halves from relegated sides...

Don't worry about that. People say that sort of thing as if the entire squad must be irrevocably branded as hopeless for being part of a relegation season and that's clearly a bit stupid. Look at the players we had when we were relegated in 1989/90. With one major subtraction (Atkinson) and two additions (Williams and Wilson) that same team won a promotion and cup double the next year and was the basis of one of our best teams in the post-war era.