Playstation Plus

Update 2.00 hits Vita on Monday bringing the PS+ functionality, along with some other features like an improved web browser and some email apps (gmail and yahoo I think).

The games will be available to download when the store updates on Wednesday.

Is it wrong that I want a Vita for the sole purpose of having Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9 with me at all times?

If you have £200 to spare then, I guess it's not so bad?

£200 will get you a Vita, 4GB card and game nowadays. Add in another £40 for a PS+ sub and you could be set pretty nicely. As long as you understand what you're buying you should get your monies worth.

Is it wrong that I want a Vita for the sole purpose of having Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9 with me at all times?

The Vita is a quality handheld and worth owning for a number of reasons, but that isn't one of them.

You'd be better off getting a PSP dirt cheap if the PSone Final Fantasy games are all you're after. Hell, they'll probably even make it to iOS pretty soon.

The Vita is a quality handheld and worth owning for a number of reasons, but that isn't one of them.

You'd be better off getting a PSP dirt cheap if the PSone Final Fantasy games are all you're after. Hell, they'll probably even make it to iOS pretty soon.

Considered the PSP a few times but looking into the different models have me a headache.

As you say, I'm hoping for iOS releases soon anyway.

December free games:

Batman: Arkham City

Vanquish

Limbo

Big Sky Infinity (PS3 & Vita)

Knytt Underground (PS3 & Vita)

Mortal Kombat (Vita only)

Games being removed:

Crysis 2

Scott Pilgrim

Double Dragon Neon

Chronovault

Tales From Space

I've just topped up my subscription while it's only £8.

Still not played a fraction of the games I've downloaded. Whats the deal with PS Vita games then, I've added them to my basket and started a download. When I get a Vita (probably Jan sales), will the game automatically load up there once I sign in? Or will I have to download again on the PSV?

Edited by Geohay

You can either transfer the downloads from your PS3, or download them directly from the PS Store on your Vita via your download list.

You may as well just download them now to your PS3, that way when you get your Vita you'll have about 8 free games already downloaded and waiting.

Arkham City for free????

WTF

Hell of an offer, shame I bought it about 8 months ago. Great game! Downloaded it anyway to come back to in the future.

I'm crossing my fingers for Heavy Rain or LA Noir to come to PS+. Gonna buy them in the new year anyway I reckon, always meant to get them but never got around to it.

Heads up, a years Plus sub is £29.99 on the PS Store at the minute, down from £39.99. Might be worth doing for anyone thinking of jumping in or anyone who wants to stack their current sub.

Must admit, I was looking on the store last night and this service is crazy. A years sub costs £29.99, and just this month has Arkham City, Vanquish, Bulletstorm, LittleBigPlanet 2 and Motorstorm Apocolypse on PS3, with Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Mutant Blob Attacks on Vita.

Think I'm going to have to re-subscribe to this.

It's an amazing service, if you want to play a lot of games and aren't bothered if they came out 12 months ago then you could pretty much get all your gaming needs for the year for 30 quid. That's 48 PS3 games and another 20 odd for Vita. You do sometimes get brand new PSN games for free on launch day too, that was the case for Trine 2 earlier in the year.

All the other benefits are great too.