Playstation Plus

Lads, I got a months free trial of PlayStation Plus with my CoD pre- order from GAME if anyone wants it? On the email it says:

30 day PS Plus trial requires a credit card and automatically renews into a 90 day subscription if not cancelled by the end of the period.

So when you activate it just take off the auto renew in your settings then you won't be charged when the 30 days are up.

First person that wants it can have it . I'll PM you the code.

Very good of you Nick. Whoever takes you up on the offer will be able to download and play:

Crysis 2

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One

Bulletstorm

Resident Evil 5: gold Edition

LittleBigPlanet 2

Motorstorm Apocalypse

Infamous 2

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World

Double Dragon Neon

Cubixx HD

Plus whatever next months 3 new games are.

Lads, I got a months free trial of PlayStation Plus with my CoD pre- order from GAME if anyone wants it? On the email it says:

30 day PS Plus trial requires a credit card and automatically renews into a 90 day subscription if not cancelled by the end of the period.

So when you activate it just take off the auto renew in your settings then you won't be charged when the 30 days are up.

First person that wants it can have it . I'll PM you the code.

I'll try it if its still available.

Very good of you Nick. Whoever takes you up on the offer will be able to download and play:

Crysis 2

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One

Bulletstorm

Resident Evil 5: gold Edition

LittleBigPlanet 2

Motorstorm Apocalypse

Infamous 2

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World

Double Dragon Neon

Cubixx HD

Plus whatever next months 3 new games are.

Seriously?

Please be me, please be me, please be me...

The first 4 Vita free games have just been announced.

Uncharted Golden Abyss

Gravity Rush

Tales From Space: Mutant blobs Attack

Chronovolt - brand new 3D puzzle game.

PS+ for Vita is included in the standard PS+ package, so doesn't cost a penny more if you're already a member.

It's simply becoming an absolutely amazing service. £40 for a year, outstanding value!

Wath, can you explain a bit more about PS+ for me please?

How do I make sure I don't miss out on these free games if they're removed from the free offer?

Is it likely any will be removed?

I'm guessing I actually need a Vita to play the Vita games, right?

Just another thing, if I did actually buy a Vita would I be able to play the PSone classics on it?

Wath, can you explain a bit more about PS+ for me please?

How do I make sure I don't miss out on these free games if they're removed from the free offer?

Is it likely any will be removed?

When you go to the PS+ tab of PSN click on 'Your instant game collection'. That will bring up a list of all the games currently free with the subscription. When you add them to your cart they're added to your downloads list and are basically yours to keep as long as you're subscribed to PS+, even if you didn't renew your subscription after your free trial ended, left it for 6 months then resubscribed it would still be classed as your game.

I'd recommend adding each of the games on there to your download list straight away. You don't actually have to download them then and there, just means that if you ever want to come back to it it's guaranteed to be there for you. Every month 3 new games are added and 3 of the current list are removed, so if you never added those to your download list then you won't have access to them when they're gone.

I'm guessing I actually need a Vita to play the Vita games, right?

Yes, though again I think you will still be able to add them to your download list now, so that if you ever choose to get a Vita you'll have the games on your profile waiting for you.

Just another thing, if I did actually buy a Vita would I be able to play the PSone classics on it?

Yes, in addition to native Vita games it also plays PSP, PSone, PS minis and Playstation mobile games.

Edited by Wath-owl

Nice, thanks Matt. All sorted now. Can't believe some of these freebies on PS+... Almost too good to be true.

And thanks again Nick for the code. I can see me sticking with this full time.

I've been with the service for about 10 months now and honestly have to say it's the future. I've got 20+ games on my hard drive that I haven't even got around to playing yet, and most of those are genuinely good full sized games. A few I'm desperate to get started on but simply don't have the time at the moment.

I'd like to see them take the sevice even further. My idea would be a premium version where you pay £100 for the year up front and that gets access to every game published by SCE that year, on top of everything we get anyway. It would be awesome if you could then pre-load those games the week before they come out so they're there for you on release day.

But even now, £40 for 45 PS3 games, probably another 20+ Vita games on top of that, 1GB of cloud storage for each system, early access to betas, discounts off new releases and loads of free dynamic themes and avatars etc it really is superb value.

I'd genuinely love to see Microsoft and Nintendo roll out a similar service for the 720 and WiiU, I'd sign up to them all.

America's are better, they get Wipeout and Jet Set Radio too.

They will probably be part of our lineup the following month though, that's usually how it works when one territory gets different games.

America's are better, they get Wipeout and Jet Set Radio too.

They will probably be part of our lineup the following month though, that's usually how it works when one territory gets different games.

And Gravity Rush?

Either way, the two regions offerings show Sony are willing to make some of the systems best games available through the service, and that its not just PSP games or whatever.

In time, potentially having access to the systems best games for no more than the cost of a system plus a + account is an interesting development.