Palace Away - Selhurst back to Euston

Me and the Mrs have got the August Bank Holiday week off and she's been looking at taking the kids to London for 3 nights that week. Imagine my delight when I just checked the fixtures and we're away at Palace that Saturday.....

I've never been to Selhurst Park before, can anyone advise if it's possible to make it back to Euston for a train home at 18:20 ? I believe it's a swine to get in and out of Selhurst Park ?

Cheers

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Thornton Heath to Victoria (Overground train) 25 mins

Victoria to Euston (Victoria line - Underground) 15 - 20 mins

Factor in the walk to Thornton Heath I'd say it'd be tight

So you will be fine.

You should be able to walk to Thornton Heath in under 20 minutes. There's a 17.22 train from Thornton Heath which gets to Victoria at 17.47, you'll need to allow ten mins to reach the Victoria Line platform and then it's only 7 mins on the Tube to Euston, getting you there at 18.04 (if everything's running smoothly).

If you got the next train from Thornton Heath instead (17.34), you'd only be leaving yourself six mins at Euston to get from the Tube to your train.

Just bear in mind that it's about 15 minutes walk to the station from the ground, and the Victoria trains only run every 30 minutes - so if you're unlucky enough to just miss one then it's going to be tight.

When we're 3-0 up from a Gardner hat-trick you may as well leave 10 minutes early to make sure you get back on time!

Norwood Junction is closer than Thornton Heath and can get the train to London bridge from there in less than 20 min. You can then take the northern line to Euston (takes bout 10-15 min). They run about every 15 min from Norwood Junction on a sat. Also the interchange at london bridge for the underground is a lot shorter than at victoria.

Norwood Junction is closer than Thornton Heath and can get the train to London bridge from there in less than 20 min. You can then take the northern line to Euston (takes bout 10-15 min). They run about every 15 min from Norwood Junction on a sat. Also the interchange at london bridge for the underground is a lot shorter than at victoria.

Actually, I would agree with that. Norwood Junction is definitely closer, even more so from the away stand too. TfL website has the trip duration from both Thornton Heath and Norwood Junction as being virtually the same, so it would definitely make more sense to walk to Norwood Junction and go from there. I had a season ticket at Selhurst Park for a year (long story I won't bore you with) and we'd always arrive and leave from either Selhurst or Norwood Junction, never from Thornton Heath.

On a side note if you have sky, Euston has a brilliant Wi-Fi reception for the cloud, as well as BT Openzone on the main concourse.

I was there today working on the Openzone kit.

So you will be able to log onto owlstalk, and tell everyone who didn’t make how brilliant our team performed.

Edited by andrewowl