OFFICIAL: Chris Maguire Signs

I reckon 16k season ticket sales, avg 1.5k away fans and then around 6k paying on gate, giving a minimum of 23.5k at every game. So far weve sold around 14.5k, but with 8/9 weeks to go before season starts, and with 4/5 new additions between now/then, that could see a few more purchasing before season commences.

On Pompey forum, one poster has got Maguire as player of season despite only playing 11 games. Maybe being facetious but still.

He's mentioned frequently in goal of season category too, and not just for one goal but two, and he only scored 3. Hopefully score some crackers for us next season.

ANOTHER international arrives at Hillsborough.

Oh dear :ghoulguy:

I reckon 16k season ticket sales, avg 1.5k away fans and then around 6k paying on gate, giving a minimum of 23.5k at every game. So far weve sold around 14.5k, but with 8/9 weeks to go before season starts, and with 4/5 new additions between now/then, that could see a few more purchasing before season commences.

Nice maths but with the Championship being far more local to the North/Midlands I would expect the average away following to be closer to 3K with a substantially bigger walk up giving us a minimum of 25K +

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Nice maths but with the Championship being far more local to the North/Midlands I would expect the average away following to be closer to 3K with a substantially bigger walk up giving us a minimum of 25K +

I'd say the average will be closer to 2 than 3k nev based on previous seasons

Lots of local teams like you say, but i cant recall the majority of teams bringing 3k every game, based on previous Championship seasons. We will be very close to 25k every game though, with a few pushing 32/33k id imagine, giving us an overall of around 27/28k which is phenomenal, everything considered. Where as last season it was around 23k average, an increase of 5k fans will add alot financial clout when bidding for players, I estimate Pigs will average 18k next year, or there abouts, a whole 10k more fans every game. Haha

I estimate Pigs will average 18k next year, or there abouts, a whole 10k more fans every game. Haha

Didn't they average slightly less than that last season despite being in the top two for most of the season? Only the relative weakness of that division can spare them from a much less successful campaign and thus even smaller crowds.

Lots of local teams like you say, but i cant recall the majority of teams bringing 3k every game, based on previous Championship seasons. We will be very close to 25k every game though, with a few pushing 32/33k id imagine, giving us an overall of around 27/28k which is phenomenal, everything considered. Where as last season it was around 23k average, an increase of 5k fans will add alot financial clout when bidding for players, I estimate Pigs will average 18k next year, or there abouts, a whole 10k more fans every game. Haha

Very optimistic with those figures.

For example, a crappy home game against Watford on a cold Tuesday November night (27th Nov) we will be lucky to get 20k. A few hundred from Watford, a few thousand walk-ups and the 15k season ticket holders.....

http://www.swfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10304~2818473,00.html

Sheffield Wednesday have signed international striker Chris Maguire from Championship rivals Derby County.

The 23-year-old joins the Owls on a three-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

Maguire began his career with Scottish side Aberdeen, where he burst on the scene as a 17-year-old, making his debut against SPL giants Celtic during the 2005-06 campaign.

He made his first senior start against Kilmarnock and marked the occasion with a goal. Ironically, he went on to join Kilmarnock on loan before returning to Aberdeen and becoming a first team regular.

Maguire was awarded the SPL Young Player of the Month in September 2010 and netted 12 goals through a productive season that also saw the creative forward receive an international call-up for Scotland to earn the first of two caps to date.

His impressive form north of the border prompted Derby to lure Maguire to Pride Park in the summer of 2011 for an undisclosed compensation fee as he was under the age of 24.

The native Scot also enjoyed a successful loan spell with Championship side Portsmouth last season.

He has made a total of 110 senior starts during his career so far, scoring 33 goals.

Maguire said: "I'm delighted to be here at Sheffield Wednesday, it's a massive club and I'm looking forward to getting started.

"I wasn't really given a chance there and needed a fresh start and thankfully Wednesday have given me that.

"I want to show everybody at Sheffield Wednesday what I can do and hopefully they will give me the credit when I'm doing well. I just want to help the team and help the club move forward.

"I hope to bring a bit of creativity, chip in with a few goals and set up a few as well. The main objective for now is to work hard in pre-season and get the best start we can."

When You consider a Saturday afternoon kick off against Barnsley-Leeds-Hull-Derby-Nottm Forest-Huddersfield-Wolves.

They all have potential to push up to the 30k mark if not exceed it. I reckon an average of 24-30k will be about right, with Pigs gettin 15-18k