Luke Freeman

My mate is a Stevenage fan, I went to 4 games last season with him. The game at Bramall Lane being one of them (couldn't get a Wycombe ticket). He was very, very good the few times I saw him. Very confident with the ball at this feet, good running with the ball, fronts up when he recieves the ball and heads towards goal...no sideways/backwards passing bottling it, like midfielders gone by.

More hit than miss with his passing, but gets a bit over exited I think and tries too hard, much like he did in the playoffs. But he assisted quite a few and scored 7 or so. And he's only 20, remember...

Comparisons to Lines? A slightly different player, I think. He's a bit more gung ho. But more dangerous. Personally, I think he'd be a very good addition.

So there you go Scram. There's some first hand opinion evidence. :)

He has potential, he's tricky, and he's hard working, but far from being a finished article.

It's a lot of money for someone who would not walk straight into the first team. On that basis, I'm not entirely convinced about this reported interest. Agent touting him about with made up bids perhaps?

My mate is a Stevenage fan, I went to 4 games last season with him. The game at Bramall Lane being one of them (couldn't get a Wycombe ticket). He was very, very good the few times I saw him. Very confident with the ball at this feet, good running with the ball, fronts up when he recieves the ball and heads towards goal...no sideways/backwards passing bottling it, like midfielders gone by.

More hit than miss with his passing, but gets a bit over exited I think and tries too hard, much like he did in the playoffs. But he assisted quite a few and scored 7 or so. And he's only 20, remember...

Comparisons to Lines? A slightly different player, I think. He's a bit more gung ho. But more dangerous. Personally, I think he'd be a very good addition.

So there you go Scram. There's some first hand opinion evidence. :)

So you saw him 4 times when he was very, very good (although if one of those times was v the pigs then he certainly wasn't very very good - though he had a couple of runs which should have ended better)

And i saw him 3 times of which one was the time when he did those runs against the pigs when he found space so we can call that a so-so game

The other 2 games he was anonymous

So my friend i'm still far from convinced

Edited by scram

Looked good when given space but when none was available pretty anonymous. He wasn't able to find any space either but not sure if it was rigid tactics or him not having the know how. Decision making was poor at times also. One other thing he was blowing out of his arse after 70 mins in all 4 games I saw him in. One he looked good and could be forigven, the other three not sure why because he hardly moved much.

DJ will decide whether he is good enough and has more idea than us

Reading both the Luke Freeman threads, it seems more people would welcome him now Why? When it was mooted he might be a target a month ago, the general consensus was, we could do better Those were my thoughts. Do people now think we probably won't do better and Luke Freeman is perhaps the best we will get?

For the record, I think he is neat and tidy, if a little lightweight, and would probably suit a team like MK Dons. Wouldn't mind him here but like others I'd hope for better

I guess there is only me then who would love to see him at S6 even if we have to pay 500k for him...

I think he is a really talented player Malek from the little i have seen of him. Has a lot of technical ability. Perfect rough diamond for DJ and TB to shine!

I hope he signs for us.

No No No, we should be aiming higher than this. Don't want any more League 1 players thank you. We are supposed to be aiming for the promised land that is the Premier League ffs.

It makes me cringe when people put this. Who cares what league they're in, it's how good they are that matters.

It depends how you interpret it - as players playing in league 1 or league 1 standard players.

But there are always cases of players in "lower" leagues that can make the jump in standard. ALF perhaps a very recent example. I know that this is probably the exception rather than the rule and I am no fan or otherwise of Freeman. Just saying. Edited by themaskedowl

We all know nothing.... I trust DJ whoever he signs he will have done his homework and his judgement is the only one that counts.

As for fees quoted for players they are invariably way off the mark......amazes me that some people see them as gospel eg know one but the chairman,

manager chief exec and agent knows the fee..more often the manager and player are in the dark

But there are always cases of players in "lower" leagues that can make the jump in standard. ALF perhaps a very recent example. I know that this is probably the exception rather than the rule and I am no fan or otherwise of Freeman. Just saying.

But again, it depends on how you interpret it

If somebody is described as a league one player it can mean just a player who plays in league one (imparting nothing of the standard of that player) - or a league one standard player.

People taking Freeman down because of the playoffs: I saw Phil Jones have quite a few terrible games towards the end of the season for Man Utd. Won't be judging him on those performances, seeing as a lot of young players struggle to sustain form over a whole season.

Also, just like I wouldn't judge individual players on the basis of their performances playing as part of our defence towards end of 10/11 season (thinking Morrison and Reda), won't be judging individuals who were part of Stevenage's offence in the playoffs. Rarely seen a team so devoid of attacking intent and imagination. Freeman tried to take it upon himself to make something happen, and looked wasteful because of that. Won't fault the lad for trying, and received very little help during those two games.