guesses for opening match of championship campaign

I couldn't give 2 shiites. We play everyone twice, and that's that. However what has bugged me for a while is Skys Super Sunday. Do they get a say in this 'random' fixture list, which guarantees them the top 4 playing each other on a given day? Can't be right, and if so won't be long before they manufacture Man Utd v Man City on the last day in the season. Dangerous precedent IMO.

I couldn't give 2 shiites. We play everyone twice, and that's that. However what has bugged me for a while is Skys Super Sunday. Do they get a say in this 'random' fixture list, which guarantees them the top 4 playing each other on a given day? Can't be right, and if so won't be long before they manufacture Man Utd v Man City on the last day in the season. Dangerous precedent IMO.

This is an interesting read.. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2009/06/secrets_of_the_fixture_compute.html

Given that the clubs themselves don't get the fixtures (by e-mail) until 2 hours before the public release, this is unlikely.

Also, given the changes that are subsequently always made within hours and days of the initial release (TV scheduling, police advice etc), it would be pointless to go to the expense of printing (ultimately incorrect) lists, in the run up to the official release.

Call it unlikely if you wish, but ask yourself 'why would I make this up?' also I remember people were saying days in advance a few years back we had Barnsley at home so it obviously was out there somewhere.

Guest intercity0wl

It CANNOT be Brighton away, as they have requested an away fixture to start the season so as not to clash with the Pride day in the town.

Also for anbody wanting to plan a weekend awaY during the season without missing a game, September 8, October 13 and March 23 will be Saturday breaks for internationals.

Edited by intercity0wl

Guest davet30

My predictions ... and I'm hoping I'm wrong is:

1st game = Brighton away

Boxing day = Charlton away

last game = Ipswich away

I went to the doctors yesterday.

He told me we've got Leeds United at home for the first match.

I asked "how could you possibly know that?"

He ignored me and left the room.

I followed him outside and saw him enter a police box which miraculously disappeared in front of my eyes.

What a tw4t. Now I'll never find out how his prediction came about.