guesses for opening match of championship campaign

Guest The Horse

The fixtures are not randomly generated...

Someone posted an interesting read a while back about how it's all worked out and the permutations and knock-on effects of one fixture upon another.

And with that in mind, I'd bet that it will be either Barnsley or Leeds for the first game.

The fixtures are not randomly generated...

Someone posted an interesting read a while back about how it's all worked out and the permutations and knock-on effects of one fixture upon another.

And with that in mind, I'd bet that it will be either Barnsley or Leeds for the first game.

Some comedy here on fixture theory......

http://boards.footym...&mid=2114593278

Didn't anyone ever see the feature on Soccer am a few years back on how the fixtures are compiled? Its all computerised but then one person manually changes dates and fixtures around too avoid possible clashes, eg Blades and w*ndy both at home on the same day.

At the end of the feature they asked the bloke who he supported and guess what, it was that shower from south barnsley.

Its not just being away, its always somewhere crap and miles away like Palace, Swansea or Exeter. It seriously needs to be looked at by the club cos its not a coincidence.

:st2: :ghoulguy::tango:

Edited by bradowl

What a superb thread! Hmmmm. Well. I think it'll be......

Wolves!

Why not.

Yep.

Wolves.

What a great thread.

Definitely Wolves.

NB - great thread.

What a superb thread! Hmmmm. Well. I think it'll be......

Wolves!

Why not.

Yep.

Wolves.

What a great thread.

Definitely Wolves.

NB - great thread.

fool

Guest WednesdayGibbo

Palace away first game and smash them for 4 or 5 then have them at home last day of the season to relegate them would be my ideal way to start and end it. And Leeds away on Boxingday would cap it off

Certain local businesses may already know - I noticed at the 4 lanes chip shop last year they had a print out of fixtures pinned on the wall, from the football league, however it said on the top of it, 'embargoed until 15 June' (or whatever date it officially came out). The point is it was actually sent to them prior to that date. So if anyone is having chippy tea tonight they may be able to coax it out of them if they are that bothered.

Given that the clubs themselves don't get the fixtures (by e-mail) until 2 hours before the public release, this is unlikely.

Also, given the changes that are subsequently always made within hours and days of the initial release (TV scheduling, police advice etc), it would be pointless to go to the expense of printing (ultimately incorrect) lists, in the run up to the official release.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Guest @DSapeyOwl

I'd quite like someone like Ipswich at home first game.

Huddersfield/Barnsley/Leeds home or away on boxing day

and one of the above on the last day.