The band are banned

Guest intercity0wl

Reyt!

Here's my bit.

The band do a fantastic job when no other bugger can be bothered on a cold Tuesday night in front of 17,500.

They do a great job of increasing and transmitting the volume from the Kop which lets other parts of the ground join in.

(Due to the MASSIVE size of our stadium the upper NW & SE corners cannot even hear each other at the best of times)

The Ultras took the decision to stand near the band a couple of years ago and they have backed every chant we have got going. Generally all it takes is a quick nod to them and they will quieten down and let us get the next one going before gradually joining in.

We have moved our ST's next season to the very back of the Kop in the area directly to the left of the band as you look at the Kop, in front of the "THIS CITY IS OURS" flag.

Feel free to join us and have a direct influence on what the band do(or don't do).

If you want to sit in silence on your hands that's OK as well, just do it without the criticism.

Agree with all that

The big disappointment though is where you've moved to

If you'd have moved to the front of the kop you'd have made a MASSIVE difference as you would have been so visible

As it is you'll just blend in next season

Owlstalk Shop

Agree with all that

The big disappointment though is where you've moved to

If you'd have moved to the front of the kop you'd have made a MASSIVE difference as you would have been so visible

As it is you'll just blend in next season

Moving to the front of the kop would be ACE!

But if we did, we would not be allowed to stand up (or god forbid, have flags on sticks)

We were threatened with ejection for having A flag on A stick before the Wycombe game despite the fact that it had been approved by email by our stadium safety officer!

Although there have been MASSIVE improvements from all involved at SWFC on this side of things, there is still a way to go.

On a side note.... Have any arrests been made yet regarding the illegal, life threatening smoke bombs on the pitch at the end of the Wycombe game - Images of which are now being used in official club advertising campaigns - and look absolutely fantastic by the way.

*Not had a rant for a while - that feels better*

See they let em back in though they seem to divide opinion wherever they play!

Metro Newspaper

"The response on the Pukka Pies England Band Facebook page has been even stronger with opponents sabotaging the page to make their feelings clear.

‘Will you just take your horrific band home’ said one fan, while another wrote: ‘Very few England fans want you there’.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/902126-england-band-allowed-to-continue-playing-but-fans-tell-them-to-go-home#ixzz1xqBp5bOf"

Guest BirdonaMaguire

The sad fact is we have a half full stadium and a split in where fans will sit, a lot of former Kop singers relocated to the North because of the band, this is a fact and why the Lep End of the North does have some if not a great atmosphere, maybe an ORGANISED singing section would be the way forward but the logistics aren't great.

I'm against the band, it's manufactured pap but i'd gladly join in with a singing section and as Neil will testify i'm a reyt gobby two hat

It's a difficult question - personally, they are not for me.

But, I know a lot of people like them.

So, on balance, they have to stay.

Personally, I would like them put in the NW corner, or such like. But, that wouldn't be fair on them and their supporters.

Don't put them near me on the North Stand, why should we suffer.

The only way I would tolerate the band (considering I don't like the noise as well as the crass aspect of them as a whole) is if they moved to a non-partisan, neutral area of the ground.

The Grandstand, West Upper, North West Corner are areas known to have few people.

It amazes me how people support the band but have either never experienced them at close hand or choose to watch the games from a sedate area of the ground.

The band in the Kop is overkill, the Kop is our pride and should stand on its own two feet - if people REALLY think the band helps the atmosphere why not move them to the quietest area of the ground!?

Or do people paying more not want the bother, what does that say about us peasants on the Kop?

Just get rid of them and allow them to play at whoever pays them the most.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

The only way I would tolerate the band (considering I don't like the noise as well as the crass aspect of them as a whole) is if they moved to a non-partisan, neutral area of the ground.

The Grandstand, West Upper, North West Corner are areas known to have few people.

It amazes me how people support the band but have either never experienced them at close hand or choose to watch the games from a sedate area of the ground.

The band in the Kop is overkill, the Kop is our pride and should stand on its own two feet - if people REALLY think the band helps the atmosphere why not move them to the quietest area of the ground!?

Or do people paying more not want the bother, what does that say about us peasants on the Kop?

If they sound proofed the Lep end they could sit on the NWC for me

To be fair, the Kop has been a bit of a morgue for the past decade or so - even more so without the band.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

To be fair, the Kop has been a bit of a morgue for the past decade or so - even more so without the band.

This debate will go round and round in the same circles.

1) Poor state of affairs on and off the pitch

2) Lads moving away from Kop due to band

3) Lower crowds

4) Two spells in the 3rd tier

All of the above factors are reasons why, not to mention all seater stadiums and over sanitisation of the game

This debate will go round and round in the same circles.

1) Poor state of affairs on and off the pitch

2) Lads moving away from Kop due to band

3) Lower crowds

4) Two spells in the 3rd tier

All of the above factors are reasons why, not to mention all seater stadiums and over sanitisation of the game

1) Support really shouldn't go hand in hand with form/plight though. We are the loudest away support I've ever heard for the past decade.

2) I doubt there has been a mass exidous of people from the Kop - a few hundred perhaps? Given Hillsborough in general has been like a morgue for a decade, where have these loud supporters moved to?!

3) Haven't we averaged higher (or at least very close to) attendances in a couple of seasons in League One than we did in our last couple of seasons in the Premiership?

4) As 1 really.

Agreed with the all-seater comment, that really has played a major part. But, obviously no matter what you do with the Band, the seating/atmosphere won't be affected.

Personally, I don't think the problem has been the band, it has just been our god-awful home record. That has improved over the past 12 months, and so has the atmosphere - especially the Kop, even when the Band has been present. It shouldn't be that way as I said in 1), but us fans are a fickle bunch!

Guest BirdonaMaguire

1) Support really shouldn't go hand in hand with form/plight though. We are the loudest away support I've ever heard for the past decade.

2) I doubt there has been a mass exidous of people from the Kop - a few hundred perhaps? Given Hillsborough in general has been like a morgue for a decade, where have these loud supporters moved to?!

3) Haven't we averaged higher (or at least very close to) attendances in a couple of seasons in League One than we did in our last couple of seasons in the Premiership?

4) As 1 really.

Agreed with the all-seater comment, that really has played a major part. But, obviously no matter what you do with the Band, the seating/atmosphere won't be affected.

Personally, I don't think the problem has been the band, it has just been our god-awful home record. That has improved over the past 12 months, and so has the atmosphere - especially the Kop, even when the Band has been present. It shouldn't be that way as I said in 1), but us fans are a fickle bunch!

1) If you have nothing to shout about barring hatred for a manager, players, chairmen etc it will hardly create a vibrant feeling

2) The Kop is very sparse these days, the price difference between there and the North is barely something to break the bank so many have moved to a better view and ale (before Kop was licensed) even if it's a couple of hundred it's people who have been vocal and usually stand with mates of the same ilk.

3) No, not to my knowledge, 21k last season, 23k in the promotion season of 2005

4) See 1