The band are banned

Guest intercity0wl

Guest Darkus Owlus

"Unpopular amongst rival fans"

They're unpopular amongst Wednesday and England fans too!

Not according to the vote that was done some seasons ago.

Infact, although leaning in favour of the band you'd have to say it was a worse case scenario of 50 in favour 50 against.

Well, according to the fans that claimed the voting was biased and "rigged" :biggrin:

Guest styledoctor

They'd attend the opening of an envelope that lot. They are incredibly annoying, exacerbated by being asked about them immediately after informing someone I'm a Wednesday fan.

Guest christheowl

Dont get the people who call for the band to be axed from Hillsborough. You only have to come to a normal game when their not playing to see how bad the atmosphere is. I sit in the North stand so its not a problem for me, whether their at the game or not the atmosphere is just as good near the leps lane end. Yet the Kop struggles to sing one song without the band, possibly down to the same people complaining about how 'annoying' they are while sat on their hands !

To all the negative supporters of the band, you have had repeated chances to show why we dont need them and failed every time. Until it can be proven we dont need them EVERY Saturday, then they should continue to play !

Edited by christheowl

Trouble is, they've replaced natural singing etc. It's like some folk have forgotten how to create an atmosphere.

For the record, I think less is more should be the way forward. 1 drum to drive the chant along once started is all that's needed most of the time. Having spent a few games up with the ultras last season, half the time the band drowned out any chants we started and were too loud to allow a change of song until they deemed it necessary.

Trouble is, they've replaced natural singing etc. It's like some folk have forgotten how to create an atmosphere.

For the record, I think less is more should be the way forward. 1 drum to drive the chant along once started is all that's needed most of the time. Having spent a few games up with the ultras last season, half the time the band drowned out any chants we started and were too loud to allow a change of song until they deemed it necessary.

This is exactly the point. Since the 'invention' of the band, the atmosphere at Hillsoborough has got worse....now it's as if we wait for the band to start before joining in. Get rid for me. Learn how to sing again and then the old ground will really rock!!!

Guest intercity0wl

This is exactly the point. Since the 'invention' of the band, the atmosphere at Hillsoborough has got worse....now it's as if we wait for the band to start before joining in. Get rid for me. Learn how to sing again and then the old ground will really rock!!!

But would they learn again ?, if the answwer is yes then yes, that would be ideal, and would be the ideal time to say thanks but from now on no thanks, but if the sitting on hands, with mouths shut continued game after game what effect would that have at home games on the Team ?.

The superb vocal support can be done without the band, away games prove that, sadly at Hillsborough the noise when they are not in attendance is on many occasions embarrasing.

I didn't watch the match but I can imagine the atmosphere was something more along the lines of a proper, competitive match and not an international friendly full of school kids.

it was probably the worst atmosphere so far. The match was played in the equivallent of a morgue or bumhall lane standards.

Not according to the vote that was done some seasons ago.

Infact, although leaning in favour of the band you'd have to say it was a worse case scenario of 50 in favour 50 against.

Well, according to the fans that claimed the voting was biased and "rigged" :biggrin:

No there wasn't, a minority were in favour of them, a minority were against them the rest were indifferent but the rigged question was the one that was something along the lines of did they improve the atmosphere at the named games and even i who despise the band had to admit that at those games they had, this was then translated into support of the lobbers when in actual fact it wasn't anything of the kind.

Reyt!

Here's my bit.

The band do a fantastic job when no other bugger can be bothered on a cold Tuesday night in front of 17,500.

They do a great job of increasing and transmitting the volume from the Kop which lets other parts of the ground join in.

(Due to the MASSIVE size of our stadium the upper NW & SE corners cannot even hear each other at the best of times)

The Ultras took the decision to stand near the band a couple of years ago and they have backed every chant we have got going. Generally all it takes is a quick nod to them and they will quieten down and let us get the next one going before gradually joining in.

We have moved our ST's next season to the very back of the Kop in the area directly to the left of the band as you look at the Kop, in front of the "THIS CITY IS OURS" flag.

Feel free to join us and have a direct influence on what the band do(or don't do).

If you want to sit in silence on your hands that's OK as well, just do it without the criticism.