DJ interview on RS very soon

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

Nothing i heard there gives me any cause for concern, will sit back andd let them get on with the superb job the are doing.

Edited by intercity0wl

Looking for a place to build a new academy

I'd do what United did when they built their academy - build it in traditional United territory.

It might sound a bit daft, but for them to build an academy in SWFC territory is pretty smart - they could attract SWFC fans from the local area (as the academy was seen as much better) and the kids who supported the blunts would travel there anyway.

my 2 cents.

One deal was nearly finalised, medical/finances sorted but a personal hiccup has delayed it-Gardner.

5/6 things ongoing.

Mattock is an assured signing, Terry Burton gave the green light after working with him at WBA

Training ground has been gutted and redone to their spec

Talks with Antonio continue but ball in Reading's court, same situation with Treacy/Ranger

Were not going to just make numbers up and consolidate, were looking to push on and get out division

He hopes Lowe will flourish at higher level

Some players will leave (quite alot)

Alot of emphasis to be placed on academy/development squad, we want to attract best players with the hope of 1 or 2 making it through to the first team each year.

No scouting notes were held in the club, all from scratch from data coaching staff had gathered.

Beevers, JJ, Bywater contracts have been offered-awaiting decision which he respects.

Thats pretty much it.

Any chance the whinging in the various transfer threads will stop now?

Just because we don't hear every detail of what's going on, doesn't mean nothings going on.

We are in good hands: let them get on with it.

Then all Owlstalk would be, is this -

post-445-0-84996700-1336233954_thumb.jpg

Anyway, DJ's comments don't sound like he's confident of signing Antonio :tongue:

[quote name=JohnF' timestamp='1339253645'

Good read that, cheers lads. All sounds positive, seems like we're giving it a good go. Will be very interested to see who we spend a fee on ( hopefully Antonio)

post='3750085]

Any chance the whinging in the various transfer threads will stop now?

Just because we don't hear every detail of what's going on, doesn't mean nothings going on.

We are in good hands: let them get on with it.

Yep definately, this interview and Mattock signing proves it.

Then all Owlstalk would be, is this -

Anyway, DJ's comments don't sound like he's confident of signing Antonio :tongue:

The more high profile signings we make though, the more attractive proposition we become as a club to join.

Players must be seeing the likes of Mattock and Kirkland signing and think "theyre going places". Im sure many would like to be a part of it.

I simply thought how nice it was to hear our manager, answering questions, without being evasive, argumentative or hostile, as if you listen back Megson always appeared to be. I'd say you have to go back as far as big fat Ron, first time round. to hear a Wednesday manager conduct interviews as well as Jones did this afternoon.