OFFICIAL - Joe Mattock Signs

Potential fan base, size of ground & our history then yeah we are bigger than Brighton.

But we have only sold 13,000 season tickets which is poor imo.

Imo 13k is a start and it will be more before the start of the season, but there is more money about down in brighton than there is in sheffield, fact

The "we are bigger than you" attitude is not winning us any friends with supporters of other clubs, many of whom deserve some respect.

The delusional minority of our fans that think we are bigger than everyone else give most of us a bad name.

I've no problem with Brighton either.

Don't know where this animosity comes from. The majority of it seems to be on there side as well, and they seemingly can't wait to remind us how amazing they are all of a sudden, how great their ground is and how many fans they have. Kind of fly's in the face of what they seem to have a problem with us about but.. whatever. Don't see how us apparently being delusional is any worse than them being disrespectful about our fans or the way our club is run.

If the rest of the Championship regards the way our club is run now in the same way those Brighton fans do then we'll surprise a few people this season. We're not loaded by any means but we're a million miles away from being in a "sh*t or bust" scenario. We're run quite astutely and I imagine that if we sign Mattock it'll be because Milan has got a deal that works for us in our existing structure.

Oh god.

Are we going to have another season of boring people moaning about the "MASSIVE" thing?

If you don't get it, don't comment. Just bore off and stand in a corner somewhere moaning to yourself about how bad it's going to look when two Brighton fans come on here then report back to their forum what a set of w*nkers we are.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

I haven't got a problem with Brighton. Good club with an excellent tradition.

It says a lot about peoples mentality when they chuck the attendance card in to somehow show we are bigger or greater than another club. It's a bit like when you were in the school yard and those kids used to say 'my Dad's harder than your dad!' to try to win an argument or disagreement. I am really proud of being a Wednesdayite and our support, but I am not deluded to the fact that it is this, and this alone which makes our football club what it is. We like Brighton have a tradition and because of this a reputation, it is this that makes our club stand up and be counted. So, lets not lose this through some childish remarks, eh!.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Guest foreverSWFC

So cringey all this MASSIVE stuff, I could kind of see the funny side last season when we were playing weaker opposition weak in weak out but we are in the Championship with some decent sides so it just makes us sound pathetic.

If we played Brighton away 1st game of the season most people here would take a draw.

FFS, you just don't get it.

It's a joke, the whole MASSIVE thing was said tongue in cheek, alot of Wednesday players said it in interviews and Owlstalk picked up on it, we used it to wind the blunts up as they didn't understand the joke, *** was succesful, they retaliated, we used it some more and it has grown from there.

We aren't really an arrogant, deluded fanbase, it's just a bit of a laugh.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

FFS, you just don't get it.

It's a joke, the whole MASSIVE thing was said tongue in cheek, alot of Wednesday players said it in interviews and Owlstalk picked up on it, we used it to wind the blunts up as they didn't understand the joke, *** was succesful, they retaliated, we used it some more and it has grown from there.

We aren't really an arrogant, deluded fanbase, it's just a bit of a laugh.

I am with you.

But seriously, I really believe some people are buying into it. If not, then why go on other peoples forums and give it the MASSIVE one, when opposing fans don't get it. By all means give it the MASSIVE between ourselves and the Blunts but i don't see no point in doing it with all fans. It just shows us to be conceited and up our own arses.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Oh god.

Are we going to have another season of boring people moaning about the "MASSIVE" thing?

If you don't get it, don't comment. Just bore off and stand in a corner somewhere moaning to yourself about how bad it's going to look when two Brighton fans come on here then report back to their forum what a set of w*nkers we are.

Course we are going to get it but that's part of the fun of it OVER HEAR, OVER THERE, WE'RE THE FAMOUS SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY EVER!

"This is reflected in their gates. United's median gate was 17,700 compared to Wednesday's 18,500 - so pretty similar "regular" support I would say.

However, Wednesday have a much larger number of armchair supporting big game Charlies in their ranks, and unlike most teams, their cavernous ground can accommodate both these floating fans and a large away support. 29,000 for Huddersfield, 36,000 for the derby and 38,000 on the final day vs Wycombe. If you remove these outliers, their gates are not far apart."

Think he's right to be honest. If you take away our three biggest gates, but leave theirs in, then our crowds aren't too different...

"This is reflected in their gates. United's median gate was 17,700 compared to Wednesday's 18,500 - so pretty similar "regular" support I would say.

However, Wednesday have a much larger number of armchair supporting big game Charlies in their ranks, and unlike most teams, their cavernous ground can accommodate both these floating fans and a large away support. 29,000 for Huddersfield, 36,000 for the derby and 38,000 on the final day vs Wycombe. If you remove these outliers, their gates are not far apart."

Think he's right to be honest. If you take away our three biggest gates, but leave theirs in, then our crowds aren't too different...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

flipping hell lol