OFFICIAL - Joe Mattock Signs

Guest Owlsda

Just seen this

Owls close on Mattock

Young defender could join Wednesday after Baggies release

By Pete O'Rourke - Follow me on Twitter @SkySportsPeteO. Last Updated: June 7, 2012 10:01pm

JoeMattock_2710704.jpg

Joe Mattock: Thought to be close to a Sheffield Wednesday move

Sky Bet

Sky Sports understands Sheffield Wednesday are closing in on signing former West Brom defender Joe Mattock on a free transfer.

The 22-year-old was released by the Baggies last month after struggling to make an impact at the club since their return to the Premier League.

He spent the second half of the season on loan at Brighton, making 15 Championship appearances, and had been linked with a permanent move to the Amex Stadium.

However, it appears the Owls, who won promotion to the Championship this season, are now frontrunners for the left-back's signature and are close to snapping him up on a Bosman.

Crystal Palacespacer.gif and Sheffield Unitedspacer.gif are also thought to be keen on the young defender

Like the idea of signing an attacking left back. Then we'd have a Cafu and a Roberto Carlos bombing down both wings.

With 2 wingers and 2 wing backs, I assume we will be going for 6-4 results every game. Screw defending just attack.

Guest Owlsda

Haha, we are building from the back which i think is good, DJ knows what he`s doin, i have faith in him.

Guest domSWFC

Just seen this

Owls close on Mattock

Young defender could join Wednesday after Baggies release

By Pete O'Rourke - Follow me on Twitter @SkySportsPeteO. Last Updated: June 7, 2012 10:01pm

JoeMattock_2710704.jpg

Joe Mattock: Thought to be close to a Sheffield Wednesday move

Sky Bet

Sky Sports understands Sheffield Wednesday are closing in on signing former West Brom defender Joe Mattock on a free transfer.

The 22-year-old was released by the Baggies last month after struggling to make an impact at the club since their return to the Premier League.

He spent the second half of the season on loan at Brighton, making 15 Championship appearances, and had been linked with a permanent move to the Amex Stadium.

However, it appears the Owls, who won promotion to the Championship this season, are now frontrunners for the left-back's signature and are close to snapping him up on a Bosman.

Crystal Palacespacer.gif and Sheffield Unitedspacer.gif are also thought to be keen on the young defender

Oh no, looks like he faces a really tough decision here. An offer from a newly promoted team on the up, with a great owner and great fans, or a little club with a fan and a man that once had a hotel.

Definate DJ type of signing. Good footballing LB.

Would be very happy with him, still young too.

Seems we're definately addressing signings from back to front! That must be the reason for lack of Antonio activity then :)

Edited by swfc-dan

With 2 wingers and 2 wing backs, I assume we will be going for 6-4 results every game. Screw defending just attack.

lol Also got a feeling that Lee will start the season ahead of Buxton so we could be looking at a totally new back 4 which ended last season in Lee - ? - Gardner - Mattock

Guest Hola Tidman

likes a bit of fisticuffs...

He looks a rite hard illegitimate. Floored 4 people there i think.

2 of women but still......... Imagine him and Madine on a night out! :madine:

The first thought I had was the injury he had last year when he was with the Pigs because at the time I thought people were saying it was very serious.

Looks like it wasn't as bad as they thought though (http://www.sufc.co.uk/page/PlayerFeatures/0,,10418~2284463,00.html) and the Brighton comments are positive.

I like the fact we'd be getting a young player with ability for free, and to strengthen at left-back.

Guest Owlsda

DJ probably not happy with what we`ve got, so great opportunity to get some quality in on free while he ship a couple for a fee, i can see at least 2 left-back on there way, i think this can be good business for the club.

They proper hate us lol

They want us to be a small club for some reason! lol lol

They need to realise they are small shitty Brighton, when the big boys come a long they don't stand a chance.

There was also that Brighton guy that came on here saying they were MASSIVE because their average attendance was higher than ours in like October, then at the end of the season he didn't come back to explain why their attendances were lower than ours :biggrin: