OFFICIAL - Joe Mattock Signs

"Crystal Palace and Sheffield United are also thought to be keen on the young defender."

Couldn't think of 2 better clubs to beat to a signature.

We might not beat both.

But i know one we will definitely beat.

Remember watching him for Leicester and England at under age level.

Seemed as a great attacking left-back back then. Dunno what went wrong for him since he signed with WBA.

England Under-age level you say??

Guest Briscoe Inferno

read that about 10 times and still don't understand it :laugh:

They all think the sun shines out of each others @rses up there...

England Under-age level you say??

Yes. But, I can't remember was it for U-19 or U-20 squad. I think he was playing at European Championship for England at level. I've seen him turn up for England U-21 side as well.

Was highly rated, then seemed to go off the radar. Classic case of a player going to a bigger club and sitting on the bench/reserves and wasting the potential it seems to me.

Hopefully DJ will get him back on track and we can have a left back that is actually good for the first time in a while

Guest Milan Mandaric - God

No. He is free.

I'm not sure, I've just been reading about a 21 year old striker who was out of contract at Barrow (so will cost nothing) and has signed for Grimsby and they are going to a tribunal because of his age. Might be different with it being non-league though?

Yes. But, I can't remember was it for U-19 or U-20 squad. I think he was playing at European Championship for England at level. I've seen him turn up for England U-21 side as well.

Most probably U19's from memory.

Edited by Anthndav

I'm not sure, I've just been reading about a 21 year old striker who was out of contract at Barrow (so will cost nothing) and has signed for Grimsby and they are going to a tribunal because of his age. Might be different with it being non-league though?

Only have to do it if the team he is leaving offers him a new contract. Baggies didn't offer Mattock a new contract.

I imagine Barrow probably did.

Guest Milan Mandaric - God

Only have to do it if the team he is leaving offers him a new contract. Baggies didn't offer Mattock a new contract.

I imagine Barrow probably did.

Ah yeah, that'll be why, he verbally agreed to sign a new contract at Barrow then fooked off to Grimsby!

Radio Sheff are well out of the loop. Not suprising, ive just finished reading Dave Jones autobiography, he claims hes never had a good relationship with thr local media for various reasons, one where they slagged of Stephen McPhail where they called him "McFail" this was whilst he was undergoing treatment for cancer.

So he doesnt trust journos to be honest.

Mandaric also hates RS after the Megson debacle, hence why SSN seem to have the scoop before those on thr doorstep.

To get compensation you have to offer a new contract to the player and it has to be of equal or higher value to the expiring contract.

Ah yes thats it,a cracking freebie then,brighton rate him very highly.