Milan's interview

My appetite for football has just gone sky high, fantastic interview from Milan. What he's done for us especially over the last 6 months when some of them were the most difficult times in his life has been astonishing. Everyones behind him and DJ I just can't wait to see who we bring on over the next 30 odd days and more.

UTO

Why is it too early? If milan walked away tomorrow we should all be eternally grateful for what he has done. He took achance on us when we could have gone under, pumped a not inconsideable sum of his own cash into the club (and not at stupid interest rates dave!) He appointed a manager who turned the rotten corpse of a team into one we were proud of again, and took a MASSIVE gamble in replacing said manager and preparing us for the future. I think he deserves the freedom of the city never mind a statue.

Why is it too early? If milan walked away tomorrow we should all be eternally grateful for what he has done. He took achance on us when we could have gone under, pumped a not inconsideable sum of his own cash into the club (and not at stupid interest rates dave!) He appointed a manager who turned the rotten corpse of a team into one we were proud of again, and took a MASSIVE gamble in replacing said manager and preparing us for the future. I think he deserves the freedom of the city never mind a statue.

Yep, make a special key just for him.

Its SOOO long since we had something like this...a bloke seemingly hell bent on getting Wednesday to where we all believe we should be...not empty "Premiership return" promises, but a desire to to achieve success, a will to make the decisions that need to be made by simply trusting his own judgement and ignoring idiots such as meself when I howl...

I think that wycombe game recharged him...it recharged me...When you look at the ground...when you see what Wednesday can actually be...it takes yer breath....sure we all join in with the MASSIVE tomfoolery...and i'm totally biased...but 38000...virtually all Owls fans...all 4 fckin' stands bouncing....just a bit of success ....The Wednesday clawed their way out of the depths of English football..and that bloke is responsible for it...no matter what your views on him building it up and selling it on...I have had one of the best seasons I can remember as an Owls fan..It was better then "hangin' in there in the Prem...It was a wonderful journey in under a year...it was dreams coming true...beating the Blades to automatic...by a fookin' gnats wee wee tail...watching Owls fans come home....culminating in that marvellous Saturday when we sealed it.....Ive always talked about the odd ray of sunshine you get as a Wednesday fan.....last season was a fvckin' blinder!

Its SOOO long since we had something like this...a bloke seemingly hell bent on getting Wednesday to where we all believe we should be...not empty "Premiership return" promises, but a desire to to achieve success, a will to make the decisions that need to be made by simply trusting his own judgement and ignoring idiots such as meself when I howl...

I think that wycombe game recharged him...it recharged me...When you look at the ground...when you see what Wednesday can actually be...it takes yer breath....sure we all join in with the MASSIVE tomfoolery...and i'm totally biased...but 38000...virtually all Owls fans...all 4 fckin' stands bouncing....just a bit of success ....The Wednesday clawed their way out of the depths of English football..and that bloke is responsible for it...no matter what your views on him building it up and selling it on...I have had one of the best seasons I can remember as an Owls fan..It was better then "hangin' in there in the Prem...It was a wonderful journey in under a year...it was dreams coming true...beating the Blades to automatic...by a fookin' gnats wee wee tail...watching Owls fans come home....culminating in that marvellous Saturday when we sealed it.....Ive always talked about the odd ray of sunshine you get as a Wednesday fan.....last season was a fvckin' blinder!

Even from here just following it on Player and Owlstalk it was absolutely awesome. Not the most successful season we have ever had even in my lifetime, but certainly the most memorable and with an absolutely perfect ending, couldn't really have asked for more, especially from where we were just before the derby match. MIND THE GAP! :biggrin: Edited by Utah Owl

after all..THE CITY IS OURS...

Guest Sniper1

:tango:

Looks like it!

I've been off this week, back at work from Monday though so will have to drag myself away again.

Shame is that, i rate you.

There you go again Asteener making brill post's yer git ,stop it i'm wearing me +button out

Trev

get on the design and once we have a suitable pose we can then ask for quotes to commission a life size bronze (or acrylic coated bronze).Once we have the cost then we can find our how many of our MASSIVE support will chip in

Sort it Trev

Think me n you are similar ages asteener, and couldn't agree more about just how good this season has been. I think the statue to milan should be just like the one of christ in rio. A top a hill looking over hillsborough with his arms oustrtched looking over his family. With the simple words etched in the plynth" IT SHALL BE DONE. UTO FTB"

I think it was the beating the Blades that enthused me about it...I mean in the small football world we inhabit as Sheffield football fans...Its not as though its the Champs league or owt...its just the tribal stuff....and we have had crap for years...not so much in the one to one encounters....but to actually heave ourselves past them....

I rarely join in the attendance figures...the "Who's the biggest club" sh*te.......cos I know Wednesday are...and Congo Shefsteel etc...all me Blades mates when push comes to shove KNOWe Arguments will go round and round forever..but this season...the argument has a fookin' big full stop....Its Wednesdays season...crowds....atmosphere...results and final league table...cannot be questioned...and I fookin' love it when that happens.

United fans had their big mean all day against Stevenage in the league and 20'000 turned up...Wednesday had theirs against Wycombe...and the ground was full, bursting and fookin' bouncing...twice as many....

This season has put all ,in perspective..both clubs in the same position...vying for for promotion...and in all aspects Wednesday have won hands down...

Edited by asteener1867

Think me n you are similar ages asteener, and couldn't agree more about just how good this season has been. I think the statue to milan should be just like the one of christ in rio. A top a hill looking over hillsborough with his arms oustrtched looking over his family. With the simple words etched in the plynth" IT SHALL BE DONE. UTO FTB"

I'm 54 plonk...and if I had to say which was the best season for simply excitement and how mental ive gone...I think this one would be up there...

More or less what I said last week. But as usual, the Wednesday bard said it so much better.

We have so much talent on Owls talk and exept for the odd smart arse, I always enjoy a good read on here. U.T.O.

Bringing Megson to the club was a great move by Milan, he made us into a unit and with him being an Owl he said the right things and the fans started to buy into it again.

The rivalry with the Blunts this season just added to it and the fans have lapped it up. Bringing in Jones was a brave move but has been proved an excellent one, we are now enjoying the first close season in years where rather than being linked with past it cast offs we are being linked with quality players.

Not only do I feel like we will progress next season I also think for the first time we have a chairman and manager that have plans for the future.

UTO